Motorola Verizon Droid (Read 691 times)

Kevin M OConnell

Anyone have one of these new phones?
    Any cool apps you can recommend for running/tri workouts...  gps.. .music... all of the above for what we do here..

?

Thanks!

Kevin (newb!!)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My hubby just got the Eris last night...so far LOVES it.  I think he's a bit overwhelmed by all that it does.  But there are some great running apps, from what I have read around the net.  Don't know any specific details beyond that.

I briefly considered the same phone, but it's way more than I would need 90% of the time.  We don't need 2 data plans when all I will mostly do is phone/text/FB uploads.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AXes

Just got one of the Motorola Droids for work.  Replaced a Blackberry.  So far it is great.  I don't have any workout-type apps yet, but many others that are amazing.  Only thing I miss about the Blackberry is the keyboard, but the slide-out one on the Droid isn't too bad.  Battery life is an issue if you have GPS, WIFI, and a bunch of other stuff all turned on.

Saw your post in the 101 forum.  Welcome to the site and good luck!

Andy

Do you know the feeling I know? When your legs have disappeared, and there is only your heart, your lungs, and your eyes skimming disembodied through the air? - Jeff

The Terminator

I have had a G1 Google phone for a little over a year and I LOVE it!  Here are some of the apps I use:

My Tracks for getting the GPS info for my runs.  Also collects other info from my runs like total time, moving time, elevation, bladdy bladdy blah.

Athlete360 for finding local races.

I also recently downloaded runstar and C25K, although I have not used them yet.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Android!

"In the South, the cotillion of Machiavelli is played as a soft-shoe, in three-quarter time." - Pat Conroy

beerrunner

I have had the Droid for a while now, really like it. For the most part I have found apps to correct any issues that I might have with the phone. For instance, Buzzlock locks the phone into vibrate mode even if you accidentally touch the volume rocker ( which I did a lot ). I have seen some good work out applications, but the one thing for me is that the phone is just too big for me to run with. Perhaps if I got a special holder to keep it in the center of my body somewhere, but I am not sure even then. It is a big bulky phone.