I'm so frustrated right now. (Read 1448 times)

Lazy idiot

Nope just plugging in the numbers from my watch is all. I know what I mean and I understand what it says when I look at my log. For example: 1.25/15 minutes:13seconds and :41 Wink
    As long as you know what's up, that's what matters. Though I'll admit that I was confused by the unconventional usage at first, too.

Tick tock

Nope just plugging in the numbers from my watch is all. I know what I mean and I understand what it says when I look at my log. For example: 1.25/15 minutes:13seconds and :41 Wink
      Ok, whatever works for you... (I still don't get what that "and :41" is all about... ) For some of us dummies (...me, e.g.) the summary numbers for the 4/14 interval workout still look spaced out, but as long as you are happy with it, what the heck, it's your log...

Double IPA Please!

I dont understand why you think my interval logs are confusing?? Confused I have a Timex Ironman that I use when I run them..my times are broken down into minutes, seconds and ms (why put in the milliseconds? Because I am anal retentive that way Tongue lol) and that is exactly how I put down my times.. I don't always put it that way, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. So I went back and changed them to show minutes and seconds only.. Regarding how I listed the actual intervals, what is confusing about them? I did 3x400 repeats. I did a mile something jog and followed that with a mile even tempo followed by another short cool-down before I went home.. ( but I accidently but my tempo BEFORE my actual jog and never corrected it) OR is it me just not getting how to use it? How hard can it be? Aww, shite, now I'm confused. Clowning around Now see what you gone and did?!! lol

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Well, for your workout on 4/14, you log shows your total time as 17 hours 1 minute 29 seconds (17:01:29) on a 3.04 mile run (for a pace of 5 hours 36 minutes, 1 second) per run. It looks like you entered in the actual intervals correctly as all the paces make sense. But you're entering the total time wrong -- if you want 17 min 1.29 sec, you need to enter 17:01.29, not 17:01:29. BTW, it's not ms on the timex, those are hundreths of a second. ms (milliseconds) would be to three decimal places. Note that when you enter in the interval and times (which as I said you appeared to do correctly), you can click on the check boxes to have the log Auto-sum your times and distances for you.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Double IPA Please!

Ahhhh, thanks for clarifying that. I'll go fix that. Once again, thanks! Okay, I feel like a total and complete asshat now.. I think I fixed it though.. Blush

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ahhhh, thanks for clarifying that. I'll go fix that. Once again, thanks! Okay, I feel like a total and complete asshat now.. I think I fixed it though.. Blush
              I see that you fixed that decimal issue, but something's still wrong. What does the 17:01 time represent? Your total workout time was 35:48. 17:01 gives a pace of 5:36, which is faster than anything you ran. Try autosumming your interval and rest/recovery times, and I think you'll get the whole workout summarized correctly.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Double IPA Please!

Okay, I think I fixed it now..I forgot to Autosum it.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Okay, I think I fixed it now..I forgot to Autosum it.
                  Hey, you got it! Big grin

Double IPA Please!

Blush *kicks the dirt at the ground* I hope I did not piss anyone off too much on my quest to be the most anal retentive person ever.

easytarget

no worries the reason some of us even mess with HRM's is because the upload provides data points you can graph out and get anal w/ for amusement, and occasionally you stumble your way into the occasional training epiphany when you see actual performance numbers over months instead of relying on your memory or a log that doesn't encompass all the data in one place - i'm a big fan of taking data over time and looking at it graphically to get a new perspective - what i see when i look at 3-6 mos of pace info coupled with HR for intensity just doesn't come from anywhere else... oh, that and the fact that once i uploaded the data Polar was kind enough to leave me log space where i can capture comments about the weather and my run, kill two birds w/ one stone
                        Here is the thing, is it really too fast if I feel okay whilst running? That is what I am getting confused/stuck on. All those runs in my log that I have as easy- where not hard runs and my tempo runs where faster than those runs-BUT according to my heart rate if I were to run those speeds it would probably have me in the 85-90% range BUT they never really felt that hard. I might just have to have a re-do and find out what my Max Rate really is, I think I am higher than what my hrm is telling me I am. Am I a pain in the ass or what?? I need to find where someone posted a good way to find your max I know I read it here awhile back.. Jill- That is the thing- I really struggled trying to bring my pace down and I really had to focus and needed to keep looking at my monitor on my hrm. Hey- whatcha drinkin' in your cup? Tongue
                        What that tells me is that your anaerobic system is GREAT but your AEROBIC system needs some serious work. Slow down those runs. I used to be just like you until I started to train by my HR. Yes it's hard at first but after a while you really learn what it means to run easy and to run hard(er). If you want to keep running for the rest of your life, slow down.
                        Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09