Arrest made (Read 523 times)

Another, very large, very clear photo depicting one of the suspects.  There is no way that these creeps will not be apprehended, unless EVERY single person they know is as massive a waste of skin as they are.  Someone just HAS to recognize them from the photos and do the right thing by reporting them.

---Appears you were right.  One bomber dead and things are progressing very quickly this morning.  I'm just glad these guys were identified this quickly.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Christirei

Just heard they have the second guy surrounded at a residence
      mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Just heard they have the second guy surrounded at a residence

It would sure be nice if they could get him alive.

Sadly, I fear I'll be disappointed.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

You mean to figure out motive?  I assume now that they have the IDs they'll be able to access email and stuff to figure that out.  And to see if there are further plans from others.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Why do you want him alive?

Because we want to know why, even if the reason won't make any sense.

Runners run

Absolutely.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

+1

And if this asshole has a deathwish, that's one more reason to disappoint him by putting him in a cage.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Well, to vivisect his brain, of course.

To figure out motive.  Also, if there's some wider radical, uh, Chechen movement afoot against America, I think it will do it more harm to lock him up than to martyr him in a shroud of mystery.

And of course, as angry as I am at the bombing, if I have to choose between more death and less, I'll take less.  Even if the life spared isn't deserving of it.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

+1

And if this asshole has a deathwish, that's one more reason to disappoint him by putting him in a cage.

oh, sure, but he's going to be sorely disappointed when those 47 virgins are no where to be found in hell Roll eyes

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

oh, sure, but he's going to be sorely disappointed when those 47 virgins are no where to be found in hell Roll eyes

Hmm, not seeing any indications they were Muslim.  Though we're still in the "throw gobs of information out in hopes that some of it will be correct and we'll look awesome" phase of the media cycle.  They could be Presbyterians, for all we know.

...but I do agree, I think they'll be disappointed in the afterlife. Roll eyes

Prince of Fatness

To gather intelligence would be a reason.

And what Mikey said, not that I would be able to rap my head around the why and understand it.

Not at it at all. 

bhearn

Older brother died from many injuries including, appropriately, shrapnel.

bhearn

Hmm, not seeing any indications they were Muslim.  Though we're still in the "throw gobs of information out in hopes that some of it will be correct and we'll look awesome" phase of the media cycle.  They could be Presbyterians, for all we know.

...but I do agree, I think they'll be disappointed in the afterlife. Roll eyes

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE93I0JL20130419?irpc=932

Dave

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE93I0JL20130419?irpc=932

So many people on social media have guessed at who these people were and why they did it.  So often, those assumptions demonstrated their narrowminded views and prejudice rather than keeping an open mind and letting the facts guide their thoughts.

That applies to those who assumed from the onset that this was islamic terrorism as well as those who lept to the conclusion that this was homegrown, right-wing, gun nut, tea party members.

My prayers are with the law enforcement community who appear to have done a great job overall getting to the bottom of this, despite some earlier missteps detaining and then clearing the one Saudi early on.

I hope they get this guy soon and get him alive.  Because what they might learn from him may lead to others who could be involved.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com