Wife running her first 5k.... (Read 598 times)

This is why I run

After talking her into it, my wife (previously not a runner) has signed up and is trainging for her first 5k Big grin I'd like to get her something for giving running the "ole college try" and completing the race. I'm not sure she's hooked yet so a running gift so not what I have in mind. Any ideas ladies? I was thinking massage treatment but I've bought those before to find they go unused.
    Clydesdales shouldn't run in Five Fingers!
    DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Pedicure!!!!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

She doesn't use massages?! That's crazy! I'm already planning to book one for a few days after my next marathon. Man, they are NICE. What about some running items...Body Glide/SportShield (I prefer the latter...costs the same and lasts MUCH longer + works better), running socks, wicking top for warmer weather....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Not a woman here.......BUT - how about a really fun get away weekend in some nice place as a surprise......place with a spa and where she can relax for a couple of days......

Champions are made when no one is watching

Certifiably Insane

Flowers and dinner out, her choice of places? Or my wife's favorite..."Honey, all the house chores today are mine!"
            On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30

A Saucy Wench

Or my wife's favorite..."Honey, all the house chores today are mine!"
              +1000 (but that means actually doing them!)

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

+1 on flowers / roses... I'm trying to figure out how to get a dozen for my wife for after my marathon.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, and I'm one of those women who would be kind of ticked if my hubby spent $40 or more on flowers (he only has bought me flowers once in almost 19 years, and only because he'd done something boneheaded). I'd rather have something that lasts longer for the money. Perhaps a flowering plant that can be placed outdoors to enjoy long-term. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

GKA

GKA

After the 5k (and after she's cleaned up), go out for celebratory brunch/lunch with bloody mary's (or drink of her choice)
                    "Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

After the 5k (and after she's cleaned up), go out for celebratory brunch/lunch with bloody mary's (or drink of her choice)
                      I like the way you think! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Flowers and dinner out, her choice of places? Or my wife's favorite..."Honey, all the house chores today are mine!"
                        Very nice idea. It is always fun when the spouse gets into the running. They start to understand the obbession (spelling error).
                          2011 Goals:
                          Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                          Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

A Saucy Wench

What hobbies does she currently enjoy. Get her something to show that you still support her other hobbies. MTA: and as an aside, wow would this thread be way easier if it was titled "Husband running his first 5K" Evil grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

This is why I run

Pedicure!!!!
                            sounds like a winner anlong with the dinner & drinks (I'll even drive her home). It's an evening race so we may just have to have a gathering at the house with some of the other nieghborhood first time 5k'rs. Thanks for the suggestions and hope to be reporting that she's running her first 10k or 1/2 marathon sometime this fall.
                            Clydesdales shouldn't run in Five Fingers!