'Remember my Login' (Read 748 times)

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi ERic ... for some reason the log does not remember my username or password even though I keep ticking the 'remember me' box ... is this a r-log problem or is it a setting on my PC I need to fix. I recently moved to your log from running-log.com and I am finding it really good - thanks! Neil Gunn

Running ... just keep running!

eric :)

Hi Neil, When you check the "remember me" box, the server places a cookie on your computer. The cookie contains just enough information to verify your identity so that you don't need to re-enter your password. If your computer is blocking cookies, then you will be prompted to log in every time. There are several possible causes for this. If you have disabled cookies in your browser, then you need to enable it, or tell it to accept cookies from this site. If you have a software firewall or antivirus program, then it might be removing the cookie. Norton/Symantec Firewall and Antivirus are notorious for breaking websites. They do have an option that allows you to explicitly allow cookies from certain sites. Let me know if this doesn't work. eric Smile
      Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Eric Thanks for the advice - I made sure that www.runningahead.com is an allowed site (my security is set to medium in IE6). I looked at my Norton and it seems OK ... the auto-remember still does not work though. Thanks for your help, Neil

Neil, Which OS and browser are you using? Can you verify that there is a cookie from this site in your cookies directory? eric Smile
          Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hello Eric Windows XP and IE 6.029 ... checked the cookies directory and cannot find anything with runningahead in it ... that may be the problem. There are hundereds of others but not yours! Thanks for helping, Neil Big grin

That is quite peculiar. I'm not sure why your computer doesn't have the cookie. If you don't mind, could you tell me your cookie and privacy settings? You can use the feedback form if you don't want others to know your details. jlynnbob has a similar problem, and I'm wondering if it's the same thing. Does anyone else have cookie problems? eric Smile

You'll ruin your knees!

I wouldn't actually call it a PROBLEM, but I do have a severe fondness of chocolate chip cookies! 8 Ball Lynn B Tongue

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Wingz

Professional Noob

MMMM. Home-made peanut-butter cookies with those fork-marks in them... even better with one of those large chocolate kisses in the center....

Roads were made for journeys...

Ok people. You gotta stay focused! I can start another thread about the edible cookies if you like, but right now, I like to fix your other cookie problem :-)
                    Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi Eric ... sorry I did not reply sooner - away with work. My setting is 'Medium'. Thanks Neil

Hi Eric ... sorry I did not reply sooner - away with work. My setting is 'Medium'.
                        Neil, Let me recheck my cookie code to make sure it is not the cause of the problem. Could you check another setting for me in the mean time? Go to IE's Options, and click on the Privacy tab. Let me know what your settings are on that tab. Thanks Neil! eric Smile
                        Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi Privacy is Medium and the pop-up blocker is ticked. Thanks Neil ps Slow reply again as away with work ... did manage a run in Italy though!

Hi Privacy is Medium and the pop-up blocker is ticked. Thanks Neil ps Slow reply again as away with work ... did manage a run in Italy though!
                            Neil, Don't worry about not being able to reply quickly. It'll give me more time to look into the problem. Besides, I'm completely stumped! eric Smile
                            Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hi Eric Have you had any more thoughts about mt 'remember login' problem? Thanks Neil Cool

Neil, I can try using a different method to set the cookies, but I need you to try them out to see what works. Let me know when you will be available. Just send me an email via the feedback form and we can work it out over email. eric Smile