A guide to hiring women in the workplace (Read 1046 times)

For any male managers out there: have you ever wondered how to get the most out of your female employees? Well luckily a guide was developed over 60 years ago to provide advice in doing this. http://www.snopes.com/language/document/hiringwomen.asp I know this has been circulated for awhile now... but just in case anyone hasn't seen or heard about it it's hilarious... mainly because it was written in all seriousness.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OMG, that's hilarious. The bits about "husky girls" and swearing were particularly amusing to me... Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

GP160

Funny...that sounds like the directives I have at work....hmmmmm Evil grin
        Ironman Louisville 8-30-09

Bugs

That's amazing. There are many days when I'm struggling being a good mom, worker bee, figure out retirement, do the taxes, keep the house from falling apart and I think, "What the hell were those woman activists thinking? We wanted choices, not to have to do it all. Now I have to bring home the bacon and poor the beer." But honestly things really have gotten better. I know there are exceptions. It's still a world where being young and attractive is an advantage, just like personality matters. Infact I would guess weight discrimination is more common than sex. I work in a man's profession, and I see no barriers as a woman. At work people just want smart people getting the job done.

Bugs

My legs are killing me

That is too funny. I'm in the transportation business and I can tell you women run the show now.

The Greatest of All Time

I find #4 funny about the 'special physical' to protect from lawsuits. Requiring a special physical of females could actually expose you to lawsuits for hiring discrimination. Gender specific physical examinations are typically illegal; and Physicals in general can violate the ADA.... Who wrote that crap?
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

My legs are killing me

I find #4 funny about the 'special physical' to protect from lawsuits. Requiring a special physical of females could actually expose you to lawsuits for hiring discrimination. Gender specific physical examinations are typically illegal; and Physicals in general can violate the ADA.... Who wrote that crap?
                I guess you weren't the lawyer that advised them on hiring guidelines huh? Big grin

The Greatest of All Time

I guess you weren't the lawyer that advised them on hiring guidelines huh? Big grin
                  Obviously not, and whomever did should be disbarred. Thanks for noticing the distinction though. Tongue

HOSS1961

Obviously not, and whomever did should be disbarred. Thanks for noticing the distinction though. Tongue
                    Remember that this was the '40's...a different era and before any of the equal rights movements.
                    HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured

The Greatest of All Time

Remember that this was the '40's...a different era and before any of the equal rights movements.
                      Didn't notice the date.

Bugs

LOL, Now if Marcus wrote it what would it say?

Bugs

The Greatest of All Time

LOL, Now if Marcus wrote it what would it say?
                          If I wrote it, it would not say anything...it would read Tongue

Bugs

If I wrote it, it would not say anything...it would read Tongue
                            LOL! Thought we were going to upgrade to the DVD version, being it's 2008 and all.

Bugs

Lisa3.1

That's hilarious. Forwarding that to someone I know would appreciate that.

Oh Mighty Wing

THis is too funny! After my feminist side settled down I realized that some of these are true statements even though it is best to NEVER acknowledge them!!