Need help getting over my fear to run. (Read 1249 times)

Lisa3.1

HTFU and go out and do it!
    I was going to write that, but wanted a woman to do it first. Well done! But yeah, HTFU!
    LOL Good Luck
      Thanks you all for the encouragement and advice. Your all right I just need to HTFU and do it. I will this weekend. I drove it w/ DH so he'd know which way I'm going to be running.

skinnycaponesugar

The only way of knowing what you're up against is by getting out there. You can then prepare and choose the best time to run; knowing what route would be best, where the dogs are, when the traffic is the best for running. As others have said, carry your mobile phone with you. My approach to dogs is do nothing, I continue as if they're not there. No eye contact or talking. However, I do not run on country roads and haven't had a dog charge at me since I was a teenager and I wasn't running (I did, to get away Tongue). Most dogs I encounter are suburban types that want to have a sniff at my leg, at the most.

Love, Run, Sleep

I have been hit by a car, I have been bit, and I have had things thrown at me (the worst thing thrown at me was a full beer can, although I was riding a bike and not running.)
          Once a carload of people threw a pumpkin at me, and luckily, I was able to move out of the way. It smashed into some trash cans like the dangerous projectile that it was Shocked That was from my walking days though. Yes, it is a dangerous world for pedestrians also Black eye
            Ok I HTFU and got out there and did it. I was chased by a pack of rabid dogs, had beer bottles thrown from a truck full of red neck at me and the cows made snide comments about my large ass ... J/K You guys were right, it was a great run. I was only passed by one car and any dogs I saw were caged or tied up. I only ran 3 miles of it, but my Mom is going to run 6 or 7 miles w/ me next weekend. She miled out 10 on her Harley Friday so we are ready to go. I did carry my pepper spray and will continue to carry that but I might leave the phone at home. Maybe... I've got to stop being such a worrier.
            obiebyke

ZB-- That's the way to do it! Great job on facing your fear. May you have many happy, safe runs along your new route.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

What does HTFU mean Confused Somehow I'm assuming its something similar to STFU. Tight lipped
                  What does HTFU mean Confused Somehow I'm assuming its something similar to STFU. Tight lipped
                  I was hoping someone would ask that! Big grin Here's your answer, enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EY7lYRneHc