Show off your stompin' ground! (Read 983 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes, even as the seasons and the foliage change.
    The photos really remind me of a great state park where I grew up, particularly in terms of terrain. I plan to take my son there next week. A race in that park would be really cool. Peninsula State Park Too bad I don't live around there anymore. I'd love to help organize even a 5 or 10 mile event there. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

I think MandyS has us beat.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Shaunna - that looks gorgeous. Lots of tough, strength building running on the sand nice and close to home too Big grin
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Let's see. There's the little hometown of Owosso in mid-Michigan. Our most famous son is one of history's most famous losers, Thomas E. Dewey: As we all know, the reason Harry's smile is so big is because the newspaper got it wrong. Then there was college. That was awesome: Then there was the Sacramento area of northern California. Lot's of cool stuff; here is the 730' tall bridge that Vin Diesel parachuted out of a falling car from in XXX: And now finally, here I am in Alabama. Nothing sums that up better than 1,051 lb. Fred the Pig:

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

bas

This has been posted before too, in a similar thread started by JK. You can see pictures of one of my runs along the Amstel, in Amsterdam. Last sunday I ran this course again, including the route to Ouderkerk and back (see last aerial picture). bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

This has been posted before too, in a similar thread started by JK. You can see pictures of one of my runs along the Amstel, in Amsterdam. Last sunday I ran this course again, including the route to Ouderkerk and back (see last aerial picture). bas
              Bas ... looks a great place to run ... when I am next in your country I'll ask for details! Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

bas

Bas ... looks a great place to run ... when I am next in your country I'll ask for details! Neil UK Smile
                Most welcome! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

My stomping ground doesn't really look all that unique (outside of the supposedly domesticated dogs).... flat sidewalks and several grassy fields which have become a swamps these days. I am Sad. The track I had been using now has a HUGE ditch cut straight across every single lane! If I had long jumping skills, I'd probably break in and use it. The old drainage system is being replaced. I believe they were thinking TX would have another drought!

Vim

Burninated Peasant

My stomping ground looks similar to this at the moment Here's some of my actual stomping ground before the last 8 days of additional rain:
                      Yeah, the new "line" at work is "Welcome to Seattle". I don't think I've seen the Trinity River levee system so full since 1993 or 1994. While I'm glad to see the rain, especially after the 3 or 4 years of drought we've had, I'm not looking forward to more pictures like that and stories of people getting injured or worse in the flash floods.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Imminent Catastrophe

Not so scenic, but I like the spectator support:

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's some of my actual stomping ground before the last 8 days of additional rain:
                          Man, we could use a few inches of your rain. It is dry as a bone here. k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

careful what you wish for K....looks like we are going to be under a Slight Risk for storms for the upcoming holiday....Tongue in other words, dewey will catch fire...just not sure if it will be man made or mother nature's pyrotechnics! *snort*
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

careful what you wish for K....looks like we are going to be under a Slight Risk for storms for the upcoming holiday....Tongue in other words, dewey will catch fire...just not sure if it will be man made or mother nature's pyrotechnics! *snort*
                              Sweet on both accounts! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Burninated Peasant

Man, we could use a few inches of your rain. It is dry as a bone here. k
                                I would have said the same thing as recently as a couple months ago. IIRC, we were still dealing with frequent wildfires and severe drought when the year started. Apparently we're going to catch up on the last two years of no rain within the span of a few months.