What is this?!?!? (Read 299 times)

Track

Hello All,

I was out for a run this morning to see how my IT Band feels (turns out it still hurts like hell), and came across this.  I initially thought it was a black bear track, but shouldn't they be hibernating?  There were no other tracks or markings, just this.  It was on the shoulder of the road about two feet from a guard rail.  Could they be marks from it's claws as he was trying to climb over the rail?  Not sure.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot,

Mike

~Mike

Wow, now I can't seem to upload the picture.  I am using TinyPic.  Anyone know how to do this?

~Mike

Hip Redux

Here you go.

Thanks.  Do you know what I did wrong?

~Mike

Hip Redux

Not really - but I was able to find the URL from the post.

For tinypic, use the "direct link" and then the little mountain icon to insert the photo's URL.

Nice.  Thanks again.

~Mike

npaden

I'm a hunter and pretty good with animal tracks but no clue on that one.

Here's a black bear track for reference.

Bear Track

I wear a size 13 boot for reference.  (That's a big bear - it's the front paw).

Your picture just looks like some holes in the ground to me.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Feeling the growl again

Hard to tell, especially without geographical location.

perhaps a bear.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

pedaling fool

Hello All,

I was out for a run this morning to see how my IT Band feels (turns out it still hurts like hell), and came across this.  I initially thought it was a black bear track, but shouldn't they be hibernating?  There were no other tracks or markings, just this.  It was on the shoulder of the road about two feet from a guard rail.  Could they be marks from it's claws as he was trying to climb over the rail?  Not sure.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks a lot,

Mike

>

>

>

>

>

It's not uncommon for Black bears to temporarily  come out of hibernation if the weather is warm enough; they'll rummage for a little food then go back into their den. (for some reason I couldn't type outside the quotation block)

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

That is clearly a Chupacabra print.

#artbydmcbride

Chupacabra!!!!!  

Runners run

I'm up in WA on the Olympic Peninsula.  I've heard there are bears around the area, I've just never seen signs of them till now.

We live out in the middle of nowhere, so I'm pretty sure no one poked three holes in the ground to mess with me.

Thanks for the responses!

~Mike

Baby sasquach?

Maybe Shipo forgot clip his toe nails and went bear foot up there.

Feeling the growl again

Cougar.  Careful, they are known for taking you when you don't expect it and devour you bank account first.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills