Does anyone have any interest in uploading from Garmin device to this website via Android phone or tablet? (Read 121 times)

mapfe

I use the app Uploader for Garmin, which allows me to plug my watch into my tablet (Nexus 7) and download the files off of it. Unfortunately at the moment, I then have to upload the file manually.

I e-mailed the developed asking if he had any plans for support of uploading directly to RunningAhead. He claimed that it was possible, but I was the only person who has asked about it yet, so it wouldn't make sense for him to do so. He said if there was enough interest, he'd consider adding RunningAhead support to the app.

Would there be any other users who would be interested in this? The license for the app costs about $5, so factor that into your decision. If there is interest, I'll forward him this topic to him.

2014 Goals

Don't die

I would be interested.  I also a Galaxy SIII.  It would be nice to free up my computer from this task. Also, when i travel I don't always take my computer.

Orion Goals: 5k 18:30 10K 38:00 Marathon 3:10

chaplanger

Home from Iraq 2005

I also have the Nexus 7 and would love to be able to upload to the Nexus 7 and then to RA.

5k: -- 26:12 (12/17/2016)

10k: 58:36 (6/14/2016)

Half: 2:08:23 (7/4/2015)

Longest: 15.03 (5/31/2014)

Half Marathon Bucket List Goals: 15 of 50 states completed / 2 of 7 Continents completed.

mapfe

FYI, to those who would be interested, you'd need a USB OTG adapter, which is on Amazon for about a buck.

Also, you can upload now to RunningAhead with the app I linked, you just download the file and then upload it manually. What isn't supported yet, is posting directly to RA from the app.

2014 Goals

Don't die

onemile

Yes, I would like to be able to upload from my Samsung Galaxy tablet.

mapfe

I showed the dev of the app this thread, and he added the support!

Check it out here: Uploader for Garmin.

It works great.

2014 Goals

Don't die

Marylander

I have been doing the manual way myself using this software and my nexus 7. I would be interested in having RunningAhead added in there. The upload to garmin connect is slick.

mapfe

I have been doing the manual way myself using this software and my nexus 7. I would be interested in having RunningAhead added in there. The upload to garmin connect is slick.

He just added support for RunningAHEAD. Update the app and it should be there.

2014 Goals

Don't die

Marylander

This is awesome! Thanks for thinking of contacting the developer.