400 Meter Track. Questions on measurements (Read 10111 times)

Mr R

I believe it's 30 cm from the curb if there's a rail, or 20 cm from the curb if there isn't a rail. If you run on a track that has a setup for a rail, but the rail is not currently out there, then you're technically not running the full distance (for record purposes). Also, Not all tracks have 100 meter turns. Many faster tracks have longer turns and shorter straights. Especially at high schools, many lanes are narrower than regulation. Just use the exchange zones as a guide. Look for the two turn staggers.

What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heart-rending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottoms of his training shoes. The Trial of Miles, Miles of Trials. How could they be expected to understand that? -John Parker

bap

My coach kept screaming at me on Wednesday to stay on the inside lane, so that he could compare my splits accurately.

Certified Running Coach
      Crocked since 2013