Traveling with shoes (Read 1308 times)

I just did an 8 day trip with 1 pair of shoes. Ideally I would have liked to bring 2, but it seemed stupid. You'll be fine with 1, Trent.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Honest response: If you truly think something illegal is happening, or you truly TRULY feel like you are being stalked, please take it up with this site's admininstration (that would be eric). But be prepared to explain yourself in a way that eric can understand. This is not bait, there are no secret encoded messages here, and unlike some other times, I am not going to interact with you today.
      SRL, I don't know if it's TJoseph but whoever it is creepy and has to stop. I'm getting messages at my house for real.
      And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

TJoseph

SRL, I don't know if it's TJoseph but whoever it is creepy and has to stop. I'm getting messages at my house for real.
        Adora, I don't know you. I don't know where you live and I have never left you a message. I am not interested in interacting with you either.
          TJoseph, Your messages are the same as something else and with SRL's pants on fire it's hard to tell what is true.
          And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ack, it's a troll, leave it alone!!!

Imminent Catastrophe

Trent, Pack an extra pair of insoles. Alternate them. Remove after a run so the shoes dry better. Drink rum. Not too much. Mostly dark rum. Adora, your act has grown tiresome. Knock it off. MTA: I think the idea that shoes need time to recover might be urban legend or shoe company hype. In any case I don't think it will really matter for a short trip. I've been doing it for years (although I do generally alternate pairs when I'm home). Here's a great joke you can play when going through security: Glue something that looks like a fuse to your shoe. They'll get a big kick out of that. Those TSA guys have a great sense of humor! Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's a great joke you can play when going through security: Glue something that looks like a fuse to your shoe. They'll get a big kick out of that. Those TSA guys have a great sense of humor! Wink
                And tell them your Garmin is the detonator--yeah, that would be the best touch of authenticity. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Pack several pairs of shoelaces, and alternate them.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

Normally I rotate among three pair of shoes. I will be traveling next week to Puerto Rico. I want to travel light and am considering packing only one pair of shoes. I am afraid that daily running with only one pair of shoes will not allow them time to dry out and recover between runs, and that this will increase the wear both on the shoes and on my legs. I would hate to get injured or tear up my shoes this way. Any ideas?
                    1 pair. Take the insoles out and stuff with newspaper after each run. The result is dry and not so smelly shoes for the next run. Repeat.

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

Gig

Is running barefoot an option? I haven't done it myself, but I plan to once the weather gets nicer, or as soon as I find myself in, say, Puerto Rico.Cool
                        Sherry is the same yesterday as today. The difference is football.

Go Pre!

my brain now hurts
                            What all are you packing? How light do you plan on packing? Do you roll your clothes when you pack? I seem to be able to get a bunch of stuff in my carry ons.

Vim

bring a pair of really high mileage shoes with you ... pick up a new replacement pair in PR ... retire pair #1 to PR upon departure.

2012= under-goaled

Tyler S

I just did an 8 day trip with 1 pair of shoes. Ideally I would have liked to bring 2, but it seemed stupid. You'll be fine with 1, Trent.
                                I agree, I think for one week, a pair of shoes will suffice.