Nobody told me... (Read 1253 times)

Heather said it happens to her, too, so Tongue Wink I think it's probably an inner ear issue at play. I can't do roller-coasters that go upside-down and have been told to forget ever trying SCUBA diving, as well.
    This is what I was going to say. I think you have mentioned before you have had some inner ear issues...my Ma gets it too. I worry, she gets it so bad that even checking over her shoulder before she changes lanes while driving can make her dizzy...though I am sure you are fine, be careful!!! Are you glad you are no longer a TM virgin? Smile PS: I agree with Squeaky, Roller coasters are Awesome!
      ...that when you stop running on a dreadmill the world keeps moving. Tongue What a bizarre sensation--kind of like getting off of a boat onto stable ground.
      You get used to it, I think. Remember though, you shouldn't jump off the treadmill to tie your shoe and then forget that the treadmill is still running when you go to step back on. It could lead to scars. Blush And it'll make your husband laugh at you. Angry Big grin

Michelle

TJoseph

I imagine the drugs I'm on and mild buzz I'm still battling skew the #s, though.
        It all makes sense now! Big grin
          I remember the sensation from the first x times I ran on the treadmill but this bout of treadmill running (in the last month) I haven't had it happen
          HappyFeat

I had the same thing happen to me when I used the treadmill for winter running a couple years ago. I think it's a version of "sea legs." I'm VERY susceptible to motion sickness, so it really made me queasy. My solution for getting off the thing when done running was to slow down to a walk, and then slow that down to a stop, keeping my eyes fixed on something stationary until what I was looking at stopped "moving" when I did. Then I could safely get off the treadmill. The problem went away after a few weeks. I guess my body finally accepted the activity because now when I sporadically use the treadmill, I don't have the problem.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Zoomy and I ran again today and again it happened. Always does for me. At the end of the run I started to "wobble" and so did she. I promised if she fell off I would pick her up, I would probably laugh, take a picture to post here and then help her up, but I'd help her up!Big grin
                I remember that sensation from when I started treadmill running. You get used to it. I don't notice it anymore at all, but now in the dead of winter, 50% of my runs (or more) are on the treadmill.

Man in Tights

It does. It's a momentary feeling though. There's a perfectly logical reason for it. And it's no big deal. Cheers
                    ...that when you stop running on a dreadmill the world keeps moving. Tongue What a bizarre sensation--kind of like getting off of a boat onto stable ground.
                    Nope, never happens to me. But after a day of skiing, lying in bed that night I'll feel like I'm cruising down a black diamond.

Old, Slow, Happy

Just FYI I've used dreadmills off and on (mostly off) for over 5 years. This still always happens to me. I think it's a sign of intelligence.Big grin Maybe it's a sign to keep off the treadmill.Smile
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is what I was going to say. I think you have mentioned before you have had some inner ear issues...my Ma gets it too. I worry, she gets it so bad that even checking over her shoulder before she changes lanes while driving can make her dizzy...though I am sure you are fine, be careful!!! Are you glad you are no longer a TM virgin? Smile PS: I agree with Squeaky, Roller coasters are Awesome!
                        I <3 roller coasters...makes me want to take dramamine or something just so i can continue to enjoy them. :i not sure if i am glad to have popped my tm cherry. yesterday really sucked. i planned to do 6, but couldn't tolerate more than 5. today i did 6 outdoors in the snow and ice and it felt like 2-3 miles on the dreadmill. i hope i got my soul back from today's wintery jaunt. my sinuses sure appreciated the cold, fresh air. :) roller="" coasters...makes="" me="" want="" to="" take="" dramamine="" or="" something="" just="" so="" i="" can="" continue="" to="" enjoy="" them.="" :i="" not="" sure="" if="" i="" am="" glad="" to="" have="" popped="" my="" tm="" cherry.="" yesterday="" really="" sucked.="" i="" planned="" to="" do="" 6,="" but="" couldn't="" tolerate="" more="" than="" 5.="" today="" i="" did="" 6="" outdoors="" in="" the="" snow="" and="" ice="" and="" it="" felt="" like="" 2-3="" miles="" on="" the="" dreadmill.="" i="" hope="" i="" got="" my="" soul="" back="" from="" today's="" wintery="" jaunt.="" my="" sinuses="" sure="" appreciated="" the="" cold,="" fresh="" air.=""></3 roller coasters...makes me want to take dramamine or something just so i can continue to enjoy them. :i not sure if i am glad to have popped my tm cherry. yesterday really sucked. i planned to do 6, but couldn't tolerate more than 5. today i did 6 outdoors in the snow and ice and it felt like 2-3 miles on the dreadmill. i hope i got my soul back from today's wintery jaunt. my sinuses sure appreciated the cold, fresh air. :)>

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomy and I ran again today and again it happened. Always does for me. At the end of the run I started to "wobble" and so did she. I promised if she fell off I would pick her up, I would probably laugh, take a picture to post here and then help her up, but I'd help her up!Big grin
                          *sings* In good times...in bad times...I'll be on your side forevermore...that's what friends are for! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay