Consumer Reports rates "bagels" (Read 818 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The nerve.

Trent probably doesn't even care.

#artbydmcbride

Is Panera number one?

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Did they all get a d-?

Anyhow, linkie broken.

MTA: sorry it took me so long to respond

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

They're frozen "bagels"!

(Which, sadly, I think are more bagel-like than 90+% of those offered in "bakeries" today.)

Thank G-- I live in Detroit, where we have a thriving Jewish community and real bagel shops.

Liz

pace sera, sera

ultramarathon/triathlete

Bagels do not exist outside of NYC. 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
            Gatorade Endurance Team

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Did they all get a d-?

Anyhow, linkie broken.

MTA: sorry it took me so long to respond

Linkie fixed.  You'll be flabbergasted.

Glad to see Dunkin Donuts on there.....there is really no bagel like a bagel twist.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

xor

I can't wait to see how DD does the next time CR rates "coffee".

I do love bagels.  The airport bagel place (which, as I've noted before, circa 1995 there were bagel sandwich shops EVERYWHERE but in 2012 they seem to be fixtures mostly at airports) has a french toast bagel which is the bomb.

Yes, it is real.

And it is spectacular.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I do love bagels.  The airport bagel place (which, as I've noted before, circa 1995 there were bagel sandwich shops EVERYWHERE but in 2012 they seem to be fixtures mostly at airports) has a french toast bagel which is the bomb.

I think you mean Einstein Brothers' Bagels, nein?

I hate that joint.  As an NY expat, living in the deep south (read: Charlottesville, VA), I long for a good NY bagel.  The joint people rave about here is not really up to my standards.  So every time I'm in an airport and see a jewish name and smell the sour dough, I'm suckered into ordering some bagels, lox and schmear. 

Oh, the disappointment.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Bagels do not exist outside of NYC. 

Yes, they do.  Trent has them vacuum-sealed or something and sent to TN.  That's love. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xor

I think you mean Einstein Brothers' Bagels, nein?

I hate that joint.

Nope.  And actually, Einstein is one of the very few I've encountered outside airports.

The big chain I encounter nationwide at airports is "Great American Bagel".

Best Present Ever

I was just at a meeting on Long Island, held at a foundation that was formerly the home of wealthy baron types, very Edith Wharton.  Lots of maids in black dress and white aprons calling me madam and whatnot.  Delicious breakfasts included bagels.  Since I was in New York, I tried one.  Very disappointing.   I can get better at Bodos in Charlottesville.  I stuck with the yogurt and fruit.  

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I was just at a meeting on Long Island, held at a foundation that was formerly the home of wealthy baron types, very Edith Wharton.  Lots of maids in black dress and white aprons calling me madam and whatnot.  Delicious breakfasts included bagels.  Since I was in New York, I tried one.  Very disappointing.   I can get better at Bodos in Charlottesville.  I stuck with the yogurt and fruit.  

They were prissified bagels.

Queen of 3rd Place

Pepperidge farm. Blech.

We are very lucky here to have a really dedicated bagel shop. The owner learned the craft in New York, and decided the water was critical. He distills his water and then adds whatever is needed to match the mineral profile of New York municipal water. Maybe he adds other "stuff", too, who knows - heh. Anyway, the result is spot-on. Damn, now I'm hungry!

Ex runner

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, they do.  Trent has them vacuum-sealed or something and sent to TN.  That's love. 

This.