Happy Valley Farms dried mangoes from Costco are crazy addicting (Read 2373 times)

A Saucy Wench

Ok, ok. I'm an Island Boy so I should like this idea, but... chili powder and salt? On my mango? No, sir. No sale. You probably put sugar on grapefruit (my step mom does), cheese on apple pie (step mom), and peanuts in coke (step mom).
    How about salt on grapefruit and vanilla extract in coke?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

How about salt on grapefruit and vanilla extract in coke?
      Not exactly the same, at least in the flavored coke example because it is a sweetish thing being mixed with a sweet. I want my mangoes juicy and bursting with fruity sweet goodness. Dammit. Which brings us to grits. Do you salt them? Or sugar them? If you sugar them, you might get beat up. But for me, if I salt them, it weirds me out too.

Jazz hands!

Ok, ok. I'm an Island Boy so I should like this idea, but... chili powder and salt? On my mango? No, sir. No sale. You probably put sugar on grapefruit (my step mom does), cheese on apple pie (step mom), and peanuts in coke (step mom).
        Oh, Senor, it's SO GOOD. There are Mexican-style fruit vendors all around LA who'll give you a big bag of fruit plus salt and lime and chili powder for like $3. It is delicious. And I do not enjoy any of those other things--grapfruit is correct as god intended, I don't really drink Coke, though cheese on apple pie sounds okay. Basically I can't think of anything I add sugar to. Though I salt avocados before eating them straight.
        run run run AHHHHHH run run run

Jazz hands!

Which brings us to grits. Do you salt them? Or sugar them? If you sugar them, you might get beat up. But for me, if I salt them, it weirds me out too.
          Ew. Cheddar cheese or GTFO. I don't salt grapefruit, but I've salted watermelon. Yum.
          run run run AHHHHHH run run run
          xor

Ew. Cheddar cheese or GTFO.... but I've salted watermelon. Yum.
            Salted watermelon. I think your Spotsylvania water was funny or something. I still don't know who Senor is. I googled 'GTFO' thinking that you were telling me another option to put on your grits. But I now believe that you were telling me that cheddar cheese is the ONLY option. And I feel silly for googling that.

Best Present Ever

Salted watermelon. I think your Spotsylvania water was funny or something. I still don't know who Senor is. I googled 'GTFO' thinking that you were telling me another option to put on your grits. But I now believe that you were telling me that cheddar cheese is the ONLY option. And I feel silly for googling that.
              I don't salt watermelon, but i have eaten it with feta cheese, and it's good that way. And I wouldn't have googled "GTFO" except that you made me curious, so now I feel silly too.

Another Passion

Not exactly the same, at least in the flavored coke example because it is a sweetish thing being mixed with a sweet. I want my mangoes juicy and bursting with fruity sweet goodness. Dammit. Which brings us to grits. Do you salt them? Or sugar them? If you sugar them, you might get beat up. But for me, if I salt them, it weirds me out too.
                Errr... I butter and sugar them. Blush *ducks* Totally grosses my wife out. Whatever. Her mom eats gravy, yes gravy, on chocolate cake for God's sake!?!

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Errr... I butter and sugar them. Blush *ducks*
                  Yum! Though I'm not sure I've ever had actual grits...is Cream of Wheat the same thing? I LOVE that with butter and turbinado sugar (aka Sugar in the Raw).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Not the same, Zoomy, though similar. Everything's better in the raw, is it not? Oh wait, I'm a guy... that was such a guy comment. Blush

Rick

xor

Yum! Though I'm not sure I've ever had actual grits...is Cream of Wheat the same thing? I LOVE that with butter and turbinado sugar (aka Sugar in the Raw).
                      No, cream of wheat is wheat (sorry for being obvious). Grits is/are hominy (which is bastardized corn). What is (and what should never be). Anyway, be mighty careful if you put sugar on your grits down south. You'd think you were salting and peppering your mango or something. Now. If anyone would like to salt and pepper my mango.... ah, never mind.

Another Passion

My bad. I meant that they were similar in taste, not from the same source. And, srlopez is right, don't sugar them in the south unless you can do so undetected.

Rick

A Saucy Wench

I prefer my grits with jalepeno and cheddar. I think. It has been a long damn time since I ate grits. But definitely not sweet.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

What is (and what should never be).
                            So if you wake up with the sunrise, and all your dreams are still as new, And happiness is what you need so bad, the answer lies with you.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.