...but it's a wet heat !! (Read 951 times)

jfa

Whoa ! It's been absolutely brutal here! Tongue And those cats are weird.Our fat ,black cat is sleeping in the only room that's not air conditioned Confused

De-slacking in progress

I just got back from Ohio where the weather wonks were saying "muggy and hot" when it was 72 and 65% humidity. Back in S. Fl. - it was 90's with 95% humidity today. Now that's humid! Hey, it's like crosstraining - you can swim and run at the same time! Wink
      Well today it was 77 and 72% humidity- a ton better than yesterday- but for me- still too humid- HOWEVER, I HTFU and went and ran 5K training and set a new training PR (27:04) Maybe the harder the perceived effort, the harder I actually work? I almost had to walk at one point going up the big hill but I didn't, kept my feet moving fast enough until I could get more oxygen with my humidity. There's a reason I don't live in Florida or the south ! My Ohio born son moved to Florida and loves the heat- but then again, he is my weird child Big grin Well- it's time to turn the central air down another notch- not cold enough in here- I think I'll drop it down to 72

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

TRIing to beat the heat!

Back in S. Fl. - it was 90's with 95% humidity today. Now that's humid! Hey, it's like crosstraining - you can swim and run at the same time! Wink
        Yep... that was me here in So. FL running at 9PM last night and looking like I had gone for a swim instead of a run. With high dewpoints like we have here, sweat just doesn't evaporate from the skin. The body can't cool itself. I'm glad that the heatwave is going to break for all of you Northerners soon! Take that back... I'm not glad, I'm jealous! LOL! Imagine having to deal with the same heatwave day in and day out from May through October!!! Insanity!!! How can people live here? How can I live here? Pardon my ramblings... the heat has driven me insane. Evil grin

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL

My last run was in NJ on Tuesday while visiting my uncle . Boy, was it hot........easily in the 90s. All I could think of was"This is why I never want to do Ironman again".......memories of Penticton in the heat. Now I am back in Vancouver, BC where the opposite conditions hold - unseasonably cold. I'm getting ready to run in the rain in 53 F weather. Can you believe I will actually be wearing a rain shell?
          Goals: Marathon: break 3:40 Half marathon: break 1:42 10K: break 45:00 8 K: break 37:30
          evtish

85 deg but only 35% humidity for my lunchtime run. The heatwave is finally moving out of the area. Still plenty sweaty though after 6 miles. Some twenty something girls actually catcalled me during my run Surprised Must have been my stylish hat and sunglasses Smile or perhaps the fact that I'm wicked HOT! Wink

Future running partner.

Finally the heat is letting up a bit but now we have smoke!!! Everywhere. Some big fires in Eastern NC is causing lots of smoke to be blown our way. Hak Hak on my morning run today. No