Ankle Injury (Read 447 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

So my ankle hurts a little. Not the normal sore or anything but actually hurts a little. I ran on it yesterday and after a mile it felt fine. So the question is what is my best course of action? This is a down week for me and today (Monday) I was planning on running 6 easy miles. Tuesday I have off and then I have a tempo run for Wednesday. I am putting the ankle in ice water for 10 minutes at a time. I've done some compression with a wrap for 20 minutes. I am trying to rest it as much as possible and I do the elevation thing. A few simple questions: 8 Ball I am thinking of taking today off and giving it two days of rest but will that really make much of a difference? 8 Ball I understand that as soon as I finish my run and stretching that I should ice it. However, when should I do the compression and elevation? Do I do those after the icing? Is just wrapping it tightly enough? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I know myself well enough that I will run on Wednesday and no way in week 6 of the training program am I going to take off. I may run easy on Wednesday versus running hard though. As much as I hate to I am thinking about taking off today Angry
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)