Muskegon State Park - Lake Effect Trail 5k - - 1st in AG! (Read 676 times)

Nice job Zoomers and CONGRATS on the AG placement (even if you were the only one). Sounds like you had a blast despite the falls!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, Pam! I think I have decided that falling down is the fun part (only because I have never suffered so much as a bruise from falling while running). I hope the trail relay I'm part of in June is really muddy. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

You were at this race? I didn't see you amongst the throngs of people for this jog-a-thon...weird. I loved how flat and fast this course was and all the bands lining the course were great! Wow, look who needs his morning java. Seriously, it was nice to have you out there for this one. It's quickly becoming my favorite race. I hope Matt can keep it going, his numbers were down a bit from last year. Beer at the finish should be incentive enough for people. For reals. Q

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Seriously, it was nice to have you out there for this one. It's quickly becoming my favorite race. I hope Matt can keep it going, his numbers were down a bit from last year. Beer at the finish should be incentive enough for people. For reals. Q
          My other favorite race is the Kent City Ridge Run. Hilly gravel back roads. Last year we got 6" of wet cement the night before the race and most of the race route was not plowed. That was pretty fun. I placed in my AG for that race, too--3/7. For some reason I seem to do best on the toughest courses. I really need to start looking at more trail races, methinks.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay