XC vs. Road Races? (Read 1008 times)

Beware, batbear...

Ran my first trail/cross country 5k.  Is there a way to list that as a PR vs. a regular road race pr?  Maybe I just can't figure out how to make it happen.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

keeponrunning

I have mine listed as 5.05km.  Throws your speed off a bit, but it's the only solution I have come up with....

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Give yourself a new identity, i.e. BatensmackXC?

I'm dubious as I say it; it would be a PIA.

Beware, batbear...

PIA?  

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

PIA?  

Pain in the Ar$eBlush

As for the PB on a XCR, it is a difficult one as by the very nature of the beast cross country vary so much (as do road runs) but in a more extreme way including, weather, gradient change, ground conditions and much more. However if it is a set course I agree with keeponrunning, set it at 5.05 km as a work around

Jerry
            A runners blog-updated daily

keeponrunning

Pain in the Ar$eBlush

As for the PB on a XCR, it is a difficult one as by the very nature of the beast cross country vary so much (as do road runs) but in a more extreme way including, weather, gradient change, ground conditions and much more. However if it is a set course I agree with keeponrunning, set it at 5.05 km as a work around

Ironically, my XC PR was set on a course with about a foot of mud on it (no joke).  I'm thinking the course must have been short to get my PB...but it's hard to tell with XC.  It was ran with a group that tends to be accurate, though Confused

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Why is it sideways?

Of course, anyone is allowed to log their runs as they see fit, but I have two questions for the OP:

1) If the time is faster than your road PR, how come it's not showing up as your PR?

2) If the time is slower than your road PR, why are you counting it as your PR?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Comparing different XC or trail courses does seem like it could be problematic.

But, what about an analogous question for road PR vs track PR -- that's a more acknowledged distinction, right?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

kcam

I've made my peace with just using '5000m'  for track, '5km'  for road and '3.1mile'  for XC.  They all fall under the same distance race  but when I call up the list of that distance it's easy to visually sort them.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I've made my peace with just using '5000m'  for track, '5km'  for road and '3.1mile'  for XC.  They all fall under the same distance race  but when I call up the list of that distance it's easy to visually sort them.

Hm. That's clever.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.