1st Half Marathon! (Read 503 times)

I ran my first half marathon this morning! and I am officially hooked! My unofficial time was 2:00:11, I'm thinking it will be sub 2 when the chip time comes in because I started pretty near the middle of the herd of 2500 people. I definitely learned some things, and am just so excited I got to experience such a great race. I am so ready to run another one, and to start training for the full! Running is awesome!
    running is my prozac
      Congratulations!! That's a great time. How do you feel?

Michelle

Congrats!!! Sounds l;ike it was a great experience for you!
        http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
          Good for you - that's great!
            Way to go!
              Congrats!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

You'll ruin your knees!

Sweet! Nice way to start out! Congrats, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Great first race!
                  va

Congrats on you first half. I like your enthusiasm. I think you'll love the full...
                      thanks everyone! I just loved that I was able to have a good experience for my first one. I was honestly afraid I would end up hating it, but that was luckily not the case.
                      running is my prozac

Needs more cowbell!

Sub 2 for a first...that is fantastic! I've done 3 HMs, now...my goal is sub 2 (gotta drop 4 minutes)! I love that distance, too. I plan to do a full next Fall, but I have a feeling that the half will still be my favorite...it's just perfect! Smile k

'16 Goals:

• Do some dus...and some CX...and some tandem gravel...and some podiums...

• PRs

• 130#s (or less)

• Stop letting my core go to hell

Congratulations - great time for your first 1/2M!!
                          "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Agony of Da Feet (#2867)

Nice work! It gets very addicting...considering yourself warned... :-D

Run to Win
                            24 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

(wow, been a while since that's been updated...)

Another Passion

Congratulations! Great first race! Big grin

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com