Name on the front of a shirt. (Read 976 times)

Menace to Sobriety

What is everyone's opinion on this? Is it cool or lame?
    It might be cool if you used a made up name like Hugh Jass or Jenna Talia.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Dorky? You want to talk dorky regarding names? My neighbor has just about anyone beat. Or maybe he's sly. You decide: I live three blocks from mile 18 of the SD RnR marathon. I went down to cheer on some friends and there is my 20-something-year-old neighbor holding up a sign: "I love female runners, call Bryan: 858-blah, blah blah." When I asked him what the Hell he thought he was doing. His response was, "are you kidding, thousands of goal-oriented, in-shape women in my age group running three blocks from my house! It's better than a bar." I don't now if anyone actually called him but he did make a lot of women smile at mile 18. That's gotta be worth something.
      Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
      BostonRnr

Count me among the dorks. I'm running my first marathon this fall and will have my name written somewhere on my shirt or body. Hey, I'll need all the help I can get Big grin

I have never run with my name on my shirt unless the race director put it on the bib, but I have written RunToWin.com on my arms and gotten a lot of traffic from that. I always forget the sharpie lately, though so I haven't done it for a while. I also will often race in a singlet that has Maine in big letters and an outline of the state (the full text reads Maine Run to Win Men's Team 2004 but you can't read anything but Maine when I'm running by.) I get a lot of people yelling Maine at me, which rhymes with Blaine and works just as well. I only wear that singlet because it's my best hot weather racing shirt, though. In cooler conditions I wear different ones.
          I don't now if anyone actually called him but he did make a lot of women smile at mile 18. That's gotta be worth something.
          Now that's a great idea!

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

A Saucy Wench

Which leads to the next point: lame or not, I declare it decidedly NOT lame if you come up with some witty name to put on your shirt that will sound hilarious when the spectators say it. The current winner, of course, is "Nads." Think about it. You'll get it..
            They run HTC. Vans full of NADS

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Dorky? You want to talk dorky regarding names? My neighbor has just about anyone beat. Or maybe he's sly. You decide: I live three blocks from mile 18 of the SD RnR marathon. I went down to cheer on some friends and there is my 20-something-year-old neighbor holding up a sign: "I love female runners, call Bryan: 858-blah, blah blah." When I asked him what the Hell he thought he was doing. His response was, "are you kidding, thousands of goal-oriented, in-shape women in my age group running three blocks from my house! It's better than a bar." I don't now if anyone actually called him but he did make a lot of women smile at mile 18. That's gotta be worth something.
              I saw him! LMAO!!!

Jennifer mm#1231

Just write NADZ across the front of your shirt. When they yell GO NADZ they will be shocked when they realize they are yelling out BALLS really loud.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

~Gordo~

The current winner, of course, is "Nads." Think about it. You'll get it.
                  Gonads....that's funny. Then again, I'm easily amused.
                  !If you don't...you won't! ~Remember the light at the end of tunnel maybe you~ ~If you choose not to decided, you still have made a choice~
                  Tracie

Jill_B

I fly.

For a marathon, I think it's cool (yes, I'm a dork) - anything shorter and I wouldn't do it. I have a shirt for Fred's Team (I ran NY with them in '01) and when I wore it people kept yelling "Go Fred" to me. It made me laugh until mile 13 and then it started to annoy me.

Bring it on.

Why is it sideways?

I like it on the back.
                          makes perfect logic to me to have my name on my shirt ,then when they sweep the course they can identfy my body ! but then I'm old and worry about such things! Ha!
                            Which leads to the next point: lame or not, I declare it decidedly NOT lame if you come up with some witty name to put on your shirt that will sound hilarious when the spectators say it. The current winner, of course, is "Nads." Think about it. You'll get it.
                            Run, Nads, run! Um, no......You can do it, Nads! Still not getting it. Nads, you're almost there--keep going! Uh, what am I supposed to be getting? Big grin Wink Wink
                            seeEricaRun

Awesome

Just write NADZ across the front of your shirt. When they yell GO NADZ they will be shocked when they realize they are yelling out BALLS really loud.
                              Yeah, my husband was NAD for the '05 NYC Marathon. I would have thought it would have gotten old, but he said it was funny for the entire 26.2 miles.
                                I saw "Rilla" at Boston. Go-rilla, gorilla...
                                MM# 1477