Workout comments (Read 918 times)

L Train

Lately when I get on RA and have a little red thing that indicates I have a workout comment, I'll go to the workout comment page and nothing new will be there.  Then, several hours, or even days later, the comment will show up.  Anyone else have this or is is simply because my workouts are too slow?

#artbydmcbride

It just happened to me.  I got the little red bat signal, but there was nothing new there.     Now I'll wait patiently to see if something shows up.   Cool

Runners run

an amazing likeness

It happens the other way for me....someone posts a workout comment and no bat signal shows...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

eric :)

I've seen this before but haven't gotten a handle on it just yet.  Will keep an eye out for it.

L Train

Is it possible that I'm getting notified when someone posts a comment on a comment I've made in another log?  Checking comments I made yesterday that would explain it.  But that's weird because you have no idea which comment to check. 

Feeling the growl again

Is it possible that I'm getting notified when someone posts a comment on a comment I've made in another log?  Checking comments I made yesterday that would explain it.  But that's weird because you have no idea which comment to check. 

I'd actually asked about this before (being notified when someone commented on a comment you made) and was told it did not work this way.  Unless it's a bug...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

L Train

It just happened again, and it was because I had commented on a log this AM and they commented in their own log after me.  It's not a big deal, just thought eric should know. 

#artbydmcbride

Maybe you are getting notified when someone makes a comment in your log

..and also getting notified when you make a comment in someone else's log

Runners run

L Train

I don't think so - it's definitely when someone comments on my comment.  I have to start commenting less because then I have to remember and search through previous comments to find what someone said. 

Prince of Fatness

I have to start commenting less

Agreed.

Not at it at all. 

"run" "2" "eat"

I don't think so - it's definitely when someone comments on my comment.  I have to start commenting less because then I have to remember and search through previous comments to find what someone said. 

yes.

i commented on your log this morning, and when i returned from running and logged in, there was a notification of 2 log comments. i dutifully clicked the comment icon and was magically transported to a list of comments on my log... a list in which there was nothing new to see. so, i went back and checked your log, and sure enough, AP had posted two comments after my comment on your log.

i know there has been some talk about receiving notification when your comment is commented upon, but i don't think this is workable because although in this case AP was messing with me, his comments could very well have been unrelated to mine -- they just happened to appear below my comments. i should not have received this notification of someone commenting below my comment in your log. now, if YOU had commented below my comment, perhaps i'd have wanted to see that, but c'mon... that's getting out of hand. i mean, the message board is out here. workout comments aren't supposed to be a message board.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

I've been getting this and I mainly blame LTrain as I think it's also come from people commenting on "that" workout on his log.  I don't think I get it every time someone comments on a comment I've made though, but that seems to be the case today.

I need to learn to remember the workouts and people I've commented on so I can at least see if anything interesting was said!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

#artbydmcbride

So we are in agreement, it is all L Train's fault!   Cool

Runners run

L Train!  They're commenting again.  Make it stop!  It is definitely your fault.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

MrH

L Train!  They're commenting again.  Make it stop!  It is definitely your fault.

And I haven't got any red flags yet.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.