I'd believe it - Dachshunds deemed most aggressive breed (Read 1169 times)

AroundTheHorn

this topic came up elsewhere and someone posted this: Harm to Child Adult Deaths Maimings Pit bull terrier 1110 495 397 104 608 Rottweiler 409 231 109 58 223 Labrador 26 18 9 2 20 German shepherd 63 42 17 7 38 German shepherd mix 31 21 7 6 19 Akita 48 32 14 1 39 Bulldog (English) 16 8 3 1 9 Bull mastiff (Presa Canario) 30 10 13 6 16 Pit bulls harmed 1110 children, harmed 495 adults, killed 397 people and maimed 608 people! http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/statistics.html
    Pit Bulls get a bad rep because of their stupid owners. The only reason their attacks are more glorified is because they are such a stong and powerful dog. I mean seriously, imagine your owner tied you up to a chain and beat you everyday only while feeding you once a week. Don't you think you would become a bit aggresive too? It's a shame they have this stereotype now because of their "thug" owners who think it's "cool" to own a pit bull. When treated like a normal dog, pits can be just as fun an lovable as Lassie.
    Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
      Pit Bulls get a bad rep because of their stupid owners. The only reason their attacks are more glorified is because they are such a stong and powerful dog. I mean seriously, imagine your owner tied you up to a chain and beat you everyday only while feeding you once a week. Don't you think you would become a bit aggresive too? It's a shame they have this stereotype now because of their "thug" owners who think it's "cool" to own a pit bull. When treated like a normal dog, pits can be just as fun an lovable as Lassie.
      Absolutely. The bite statistics evolve over the years as the "prestige" breed amongs thugs changes. If rotties are popular, the attack instances attributed to Rottweilers will increase. If dobes come into fashion, then the number of attacks for them would increase. Unfortunately for bully breeds, right now, they are in fashion with some really, really bad people; People who want to use the dogs for fighting and who raise them to be tough and dangerous. Remember Petey - the dog that hung out with the little rascals? Amstaffs used to be a pretty typical family dog. Raised with kind training, in a loving home, they are one of the smartest, most loving dogs a family could have. I work part time as a professional dog trainer, so I see alot of dogs and a wide variety of breeds. The scariest dog that I ever had in a class was an American Eskimo Dog. It's the only dog that I really thought was going to bite me. The pits that I've seen in my classes are whip smart and beautifully athletic. All dogs that bite and behave aggressively should be handled on an individual basis. Blame the owner/individual dog. Not the breed as a whole.
      ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer
      xor

Have you ever run with your mini dachshund? I really want to get one and am curious about whether they can handle even short, slow runs. Would really appreciate your advice!
        Oh heavens no. My little guy has two speeds: 1) sprint and 2) sleep. I do see people walking their bigger dachshunds on the 2.8 mile loop around a local lake (Green Lake in Seattle), but they aren't really made for running. Speaking of, my other dog is a miniature beagle. Now... she's made for running and she loves to run. But she's a beagle and when she hits a scent, she's off in another direction entirely. Yoips! And away!