How to enjoy your marathon (Read 1317 times)

325th place or bust!

Goofy filled about 49 weeks ago. I registered about 4 weeks ago. No soup for me.
    So you had to make reservations for pictures with the characters in advance? I was wondering how that worked and why there wasn't a bigger delay in your photo stops. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Goofy is the combination half and full marathons on successive days. The characters each have handlers. The handlers grab your camera and shoot the pic while you pose. There were very few lines at my pace, longer lines later in the day. It was all very efficient for me.
        Nice. Thanks for sharing!
          That is awesome! I am sooo jealous - Disney is one of my bucket list races.....Now you've motivated me even more to actually get there

325th place or bust!

Goofy is the combination half and full marathons on successive days. The characters each have handlers. The handlers grab your camera and shoot the pic while you pose. There were very few lines at my pace, longer lines later in the day. It was all very efficient for me.
            So you had to carry a camera for the Marathon? What was that like? I assume it was a small one and how do you carry it? (Sorry for the questions but I might do it in an upcoming half if it looks manageable.)

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A very small Canon camera that I bought for Pikes Peak marathon in August, 2006. It has traveled loads with me, can be pretty easily palmed, takes excellent pics, holds a charge (I keep an extra battery) and is very durable. I carried it in a small ziplock bag and pulled it out for areas with loads of characters. It was in my hand the entire time, but that was not bad. I have tried to keep it in a hip pouch in the past, but I do not like that much. I know others who do.
              AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Very nice. But, you realize that you elites who get complimentary* characters running with you, do not know what life is like for us unwashed hordes of average runners... * MTA - also, complementary Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Outside Lane

Very cool pics. Glad to see you enjoyed the marathon. Thanks for sharing the fun.

See how they run...

xor

Very nice. But, you realize that you elites who get complimentary* characters running with you, do not know what life is like for us unwashed hordes of average runners... * MTA - also, complementary Smile
                    "Why Dr Trent, that is a very flattering shirt. Yes. Have you been working out?"

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

"Why Dr Trent, that is a very flattering shirt. Yes. Have you been working out?"
                      well done...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My wife is not a big fan of the shirt. Maybe I should work out.
                          Quick question... were the photos with the characters taken by the "official" photographers, or did you even carry a camera and have people take pictures?
                            Oh... in the words of the infamous Rose RoseannaDanna (sp?) Never mind! I just saw the earlier post about the small camera that you carried... musta missed it the first time.
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey