My boss' wife wants to be friends on facebook (Read 364 times)

sugnim

The OP is afraid of such fallout. Why not just get off of it? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I have several friends & relatives in other parts of the country.  FB is an OK way to stay in touch, trade photos, etc.  I really don't think anyone is marketing to me since I use adblock apps.  And if Zuckerburg wants to track all the times I go to runningahead or google news, I don't care--seems kind of dull to me.  I'm just wary about mixing personal life & work life, not worried about corporate stalking.  The social dilemma here is the as it would have been if she had invited me to coffee--nice lady, but recently married to my boss.

#artbydmcbride

Yes, you crazy bitch.

Yeah!!

Runners run

Dream Maker

I friend everyone I've met who requests.

I keep my Facebook page in heavy filters, though. So if it's someone I don't want seeing certain things, they don't make it in those filters.

The really lucky people aren't on any of the filters and don't realize how much I post.

The filters also let you choose whose posts you actually see.

I would have absolutely no problem friending her.

But then again I live in a country with only 2 million inhabitants in EVERYBODY is someones wife  /sister / father-in-law / etc. One of my FB friends is my gynecologist's son, for example. I've discussed the OP's question with my husband and he said the same thing - here it's almost impossible not to mix business with personal life - and not only on Facebook.

Sayhey! MM#130

This is exactly why I got off Facebook. Just think...you're actually wasting time in your life worrying about whether or not to "friend" someone on Facebook, which only exists to gather personal information on you so they can make money. I was going through that kind of worry weekly, all these people that I had let go of years ago, and sometimes for good reason, were all creeping back in by the dozens. One day I was ruminating about whether or not to friend someone--again---and I said to myself "this whole thing is silly. I'm going through this so Mark Zuckerberg can gather personal information on me?" I deleted my Facebook and have never looked back. And I still have communication with all my real and current friends and family by phone, email, and something called a "personal visit." Good luck with this abnormal social situation.

How do I 'like' this?

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

If I unfriend someone I am giving them a clear message that they either have no connection to my life or any of my interests or that I really, really don't like them.  Sometimes I will actually tell the person why I am unfriending them.  If someone's posts are annoying, but I still put some value in the relationship, I just hide the notifications of their posts.  They never know and it doesn't hurt the underlying relationship- if there was one.

Facebook is a great way to communicate with people and not everything someone posts will be of interest to their entire "friend" group.  I try to remind myself that someone's posts might be very interesting to a family member or another interest group, before I get annoyed.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth