Gulp...I did it. (Read 812 times)

mikeymike

Yep! A couple of friends have run it in the past and somehow crazily convinced me that I could do it. At least it will be pretty!
    I ran the inaugural event a couple years ago because my sister works at Runners Alley, the store that sponsors the race. It's a nice course, you'll have fun.

Runners run

I love Runner's Alley, been in there way too many times! In fact, I work down the street! Small world...

http://www.runningnotes.net

hey man, you can do it. What I realized in my earlier years(5 ago) was that if you can run a 10k you can run a half marathon, thats exactly wha tI did, my very first race was a 10k (after about 6 months of running) the very next weekend I ran a half marathon! And up to this point I had never ran more that a 10k. It was tiring for sure but I never once felt like I might not be able to finish. just had some wicked chafe going on by the 15k mark Embarrassed Good luck to you!
          Thanks. Of course, I am worried after this, it will be, "If I can do a half, I can do a marathon." Shocked

http://www.runningnotes.net

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks. Of course, I am worried after this, it will be, "If I can do a half, I can do a marathon." Shocked
            I'd put money on it! Wink After running 3 HMs, a 25k, and a bunch of shorter races I got the bug to challenge myself more. 2.5 years after I started running I will be toeing the line of my first full marathon. Smile You're gonna love it. The HM is a really fantastic distance...long enough to be a challenge and feel like a fantastic accomplishment, but not so long that you can't drive yourself home. You're gonna have a blast! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'd put money on it! Wink After running 3 HMs, a 25k, and a bunch of shorter races I got the bug to challenge myself more. 2.5 years after I started running I will be toeing the line of my first full marathon. Smile You're gonna love it. The HM is a really fantastic distance...long enough to be a challenge and feel like a fantastic accomplishment, but not so long that you can't drive yourself home. You're gonna have a blast! Smile k
              Hey I drove home from my first marathon. Smile