*sigh* It's a thing of beauty... (Read 1121 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I can't get enough of Apple products. They are all genius.
    You must have forgotten about the Apple Hi-Fi. To be fair, by most accounts it had excellent sound, but it was a completely unnecessary product in a world crowded with third-party iPod accessories. Not to mention the infamous $100 leather iPod slip case:
    Oh, and did has commandeered my "old" hot pink Nano and the matching Speck belt-clip case and neoprene arm band. He was on that thing like a vulture. Wink
    That reminds me -- my wife's Shuffle has been collecting dust ever since she got a Nano. Evil grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That reminds me -- my wife's Shuffle has been collecting dust ever since she got a Nano. Evil grin
      I think it needs to go for a run. Poor little lonely Shuffle....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha...so now did has a pink iPod AND he's e-mailing me telling me how much he's craving strawberry daiquiris. Tongue I hope he at least gets me some beer! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ha...so now did has a pink iPod AND he's e-mailing me telling me how much he's craving strawberry daiquiris.
          You weren't kidding about him digging the girl drinks.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You weren't kidding about him digging the girl drinks.
            Seriously. His favorite drinks include daiquiris, mojitos, piƱa coladas, and the like. My girliest drink is a margarita, but don't blend that shit...I take it on the rocks--like a man! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

mojitos
              *sound of needle scratching across a record* Oh no you di'int! Don't you be bagging on mojito's! The perfect summer drink. My favorite tapa restaurant in Sacramento made the best mojitos and sangria. It doesn't get much better than that.
              I take it on the rocks--like a man! Tongue
              The biggest problem with frozen drinks is that you can't drink them fast w/o the damn cold rush. 'Ritas on the rocks is the only way to go.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*sound of needle scratching across a record* Oh no you di'int! Don't you be bagging on mojito's! The perfect summer drink. My favorite tapa restaurant in Sacramento made the best mojitos and sangria. It doesn't get much better than that. The biggest problem with frozen drinks is that you can't drink them fast w/o the damn cold rush. 'Ritas on the rocks is the only way to go.
                Yeah, MOJOjitos are good...2x the rum! Evil grin Exactly why I don't like frozen drinks. Slushies are for punk-ass kids! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Exactly why I don't like frozen drinks. Slushies are for punk-ass kids! Tongue
                  True, but there used to be this place in Redondo Beach called Chillers. They specialized in frozen drinks. Slushies with a kick. A major kick. There was one called an Attitude Adjustment that used Bacardi 151. Another called a Suicide, which used pure grain alcohol. Try rollerblading after downing a couple of Suicide Adjustments, and hilarity will ensue.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Try rollerblading after downing a couple of Suicide Adjustments, and hilarity will ensue.
                    Dude, I can't do that while stone-cold sober. Ask did about one of my first episodes on inline skates. OW. I ended up with massive bruises all up one side of my body. I still had the shadows from those hematomas MONTHS later. Running is much safer--at least any falls I might take are from a S-L-O-W speed... Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

ultramarathon/triathlete

love my shuffle. It's the best of my running accessories (sorry garmin!). Big grin

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                      Gatorade Endurance Team

AroundTheHorn

I use to wear the Nano on the armband but one day I just threw it in my pocket and must say, I love it. The headphone cord is almost a perfect distance from ears to shorts. Occasionaly a clutter will arise but that's nothing that can't be adjusted. Nano FTW!
                        Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

love my shuffle. It's the best of my running accessories (sorry garmin!). Big grin
                          Hmmm...if I had to choose between my tunes or my Garmin I think the Garmin might win. Though I always seem to get the worst earworms when I don't have my iPod, so my opinion might change if I ran more without the music.... Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Eat, Play, Run

The ipod shuffle is next on my list. I've only been running two years and I keep wanting to replace my first attempts at gear - first trading up the Polar HRM for a Garmin 305, and now the clunky Sandisk MP3 for an Ipod shuffle. What next? (I think it will be the fuel belt for a single water bottle pack)
                            kcam

I use to wear the Nano on the armband but one day I just threw it in my pocket and must say, I love it. The headphone cord is almost a perfect distance from ears to shorts. Occasionaly a clutter will arise but that's nothing that can't be adjusted. Nano FTW!
                              I agree 100%. The Nano (older gen 4g version - not the newer bigger one) is fricking perfect. It fits exactly in the running short pocket, no need to hold it in your hand or strap it to your arm. I run the headphone cord inside my shirt down to my shorts pocket so no cord flopping around either. Had it for 2 years now - no glitches whatsover.
                                Dude, I can't do that while stone-cold sober. Ask did about one of my first episodes on inline skates. OW. I ended up with massive bruises all up one side of my body. I still had the shadows from those hematomas MONTHS later. Running is much safer--at least any falls I might take are from a S-L-O-W speed... Tongue
                                I thought you were from US's hockey country..... It's just like skating on ice, minus the hockey stops.