Allegra vs. Zyrtec (Read 1422 times)

Yoda the 4-eared cat

Why does this sort of thing not surprise me. Man, that seems almost fraudulent.
    So the prescription only drug my doc gave me is the same as the over the counter version? That's pointless. Maybe its just a higher dosage, I'll have to check (but not really complaining as the prescription meds are reimbursed unlike OTC stuff, as are GP visits - by the way I live in France, if you are flabbergasted by the sort of health insurance I have).

Just Happy to Run

Always interesting to hear how everyone is different with the different drugs. I'm a Claritin kind of guy with occasional zyrtec use. Claritin is great with my allergies. Benadryl is like a sugar pill for me (unless in response to a food allergy instead of pollen).
      Jason

2010 Goals
      • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles
        I take Zyrtec OTC, usually at night before bed. It does make me a little more tired the next day, but it's worth it.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Maybe its just a higher dosage,
          Nope. Clarinex is twice as active as Claritan. So it is half the dose. In my experience, neither are very active tho.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, I think this Zyrtec stuff may be working for me! Spent the day at a botanical garden and forgot I even had allergies. Cool Granted, we had a couple of days of rain, so that probably washed a lot of pollen away, but I'm not feeling the mold effects, either--woot! I can also tell when it wears-off, maybe an hour or two before it's time for the next dose. I never could tell any difference with Allegra. Now that I'm noticing a difference it's obvious that Allegra wasn't working for me and that any relief I got was from the Flonase spray.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay