MCM who's in? (Read 699 times)

But that will likely mean youre not gonna do Columbus Sad
    Kimmie

Murphy, I'm still debating on Columbus. I could see doing that as a destination marathon and then running Richmond as my local race. They are a month apart, I think, so it's somewhat doable.
      xor

I may regret this, but... I'm in for MCM. "Never say never".

My legs are killing me

Good deal. Can't wait to see the man in pink! Kim are you in?

Imminent Catastrophe

Have you done it before? It's a good one. Semper Fi.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Have you done it before? It's a good one. Semper Fi.
              Yes. And I swore that I wouldn't come back. Happy to have done it once. But the crowding was just over-the-top for me, especially at the end. Plus, at the time (2004), the expo was held somewhere else and I waited on my feet for hours... literally... just to get in. The Marines are applauded for their org, and rightly so... but they had two count em TWO metal detectors gating entrance to that expo and it was fucking annoying. Also, I think that was the first year that they sort of kind of tried to seed fast people before slow people, but then they put the bag drop in front of the start... so just before the gun, all the people who dragged their feet in getting to the bag drop just kind of jumped to the front of the crowd. And these were not, shall we say, speedy runners. But to each their own, and I think it is a race that folks really ought to do. Exactly once. And then more if they like the things I didn't (or tolerate it better). So why am I returning? Because after finishing the states next week, I have 11 plus DC that I need to rerun and break 4. Oh. Plus I got free travel.

Imminent Catastrophe

Yep, crowding was a big problem in '06, especially at the finish line. Otherwise, no worse than any other mega-race. Still, running thru D.C., along the mall, and finishing at the Iwo Jima Memorial is pretty cool.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm in for MCM
                  xor

Otherwise, no worse than any other mega-race.
                    Agreed (which is why only do 1-2 megaraces a year and have no desire to run nycm or chicago... which is why I'm just now getting around to x-ing off Illinois)
                    Still, running thru D.C., along the mall, and finishing at the Iwo Jima Memorial is pretty cool.
                    DEFINITELY. Very happy to have those memories. The following guy is not having any fun: ...but would like to.

All registered for the army 10 miler and the MCM! woo. Looks like october will be spent mostly in DC heh. And hopefully this one will go better than leading up to pittsburgh Undecided
                        I'm in!