Lehigh River Marathon (Read 880 times)

Well if you do get a chance to talk to him let him know I'm willing to pick up packets IF they will release them without needing a drivers license! I know it would make things easier for you guys on race day! Yep I felt much better after reading those. Of course I started wondering HOW BIG that one hill is lol. Last time I ran a race that threw out about just having one hill, turned out the mountain"hill"was half the run (ten miler)
    I'll ask. And. I'm hoping there aren't any mountains involved. That would just be cruel.

Michelle

Good luck on Sun, ladies. Will be anxious to hear how it goes. Head up, shoulders back. Run big, run strong.
        Good luck on Sun, ladies. Will be anxious to hear how it goes. Head up, shoulders back. Run big, run strong.
        Thank you! We'll have pictures of before and after. Provided there is no throwing up involved. There's a contract about no pictures of each other throwing up. You know what, maybe I'll just throw up now and get it over with. Roll eyes

Michelle

Thanks Dave!!! I'm anxious to see how it goes.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Thank you! We'll have pictures of before and after. Provided there is no throwing up involved. There's a contract about no pictures of each other throwing up. You know what, maybe I'll just throw up now and get it over with. Roll eyes
            There is going to be NO throwing up!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

There is going to be NO throwing up!!
              Okay, wanna place a bet? So, to go with that subject. What are you planning to eat the night before? How about tonight? I think I'll stick with pizza, and then pizza. Sunday early I'll have a bagel, and a little bit of coffee, and a banana...and then right before the race I'll have a yogurt breakfast bar (like I always have before running). What about to drink? I really need to figure out if I'll put Powerade or Gatorade in my water bottle instead of water. There are water stops every 1.5 miles on the course. So, that won't be an issue. I'm not sure if I'll wear my hat, or my visor, or nothing at all. But then the sweat will get in my eyes!!! Oh, how about sunscreen, will you be using any? And, I need to buy gummy bears. And, sports bandaids, I need to get some of those. And what about afterwards? Are we hanging out there for a while, can we change at your house and go out for lunch and drinks? What about your ipod, will you be using yours? I'll bring my camera for before and afterwards. ( had Wa-wa coffee today )

Michelle

mikeymike

Good luck! Don't poop your pants! Big grin

Runners run

Good luck! Don't poop your pants! Evil grin
                  Thank you! There's a thought. Hadn't worried about that one. Yet. Great. Okay, no eating till after the race, starting now.

Michelle

mikeymike

Sorry. Just messin' with ya. I am mean. I'll go away now.

Runners run

Sorry. Just messin' with ya. I am mean. I'll go away now.
                      I know. Go back over to the 2000 mile group! Big grin

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

kick booty kids!! can't wait for the reports

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Okay, wanna place a bet? So, to go with that subject. What are you planning to eat the night before? How about tonight? I think I'll stick with pizza, and then pizza. Sunday early I'll have a bagel, and a little bit of coffee, and a banana...and then right before the race I'll have a yogurt breakfast bar (like I always have before running). What about to drink? I really need to figure out if I'll put Powerade or Gatorade in my water bottle instead of water. There are water stops every 1.5 miles on the course. So, that won't be an issue. I'm not sure if I'll wear my hat, or my visor, or nothing at all. But then the sweat will get in my eyes!!! Oh, how about sunscreen, will you be using any? And, I need to buy gummy bears. And, sports bandaids, I need to get some of those. And what about afterwards? Are we hanging out there for a while, can we change at your house and go out for lunch and drinks? What about your ipod, will you be using yours? I'll bring my camera for before and afterwards. ( had Wa-wa coffee today )
                          We went to Carraba's for dinner last night and tonight we're having stir fry with LOTS of rice. Tomorrow we'll have breakfast cereal and coffee (will have coffee and fresh bagels at my house in am to share) a banana right before the start and will be using shot blocks and drinking water throughout the 26.2 How far is the furthest you've ran using powerade or gatorade? Don't think I'll be using any sunscreen. The main place I'd use it is on my face and with running and sweating I really don't feel like dealing with that stuff in my eyes. As for afterwards , would love to hang out and grab lunch and a drink or two! And yes I'm bringing my ipod. Whether it gets used or not who knows. I'll also have my cell phone camera Wink

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay, in 24 hours you girls will be finishers!!! I am so excited for you...and Scout, too! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Along for the Ride

Good luck Michelle and Pam! Big grin

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Hope it goes well! Thinking of you running. Smile
                                Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado