running on christmas (Read 958 times)

Santa's bringing me a Garmin Forerunner 205, so I will just have to check it out (I can't seem ungrateful - after all, it is a gift!) Wink

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why wouldn't I run on Tuesday? To me it's just another day, and on that day the roads will be empty for some reason.

tech geek

I am going to try to squeeze in a run sometime. I was thinking about leaving the families a little early so I can get a nice night run in.

flatland mountaineer

Trying to get the inflamation in an osteo hip and si settled down so been doing my miles on x-country skis for this week. Hopefully will be out for a Long Ski on Christmas Day as it is just going to be me and dw here. Hope to start ramping it back up after New Years on the roads.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

RIP, Henry, my soul mate

Oh yeah! I'll be running on Christmas. I'm so messed up...any time I get a day off all I can think is "Oh cool, I can get in a long run!"
              oh, I will definitely be running on Christmas. I've only been home for about 4 hours, and the family time is already starting to get to me. Yep, i will be ready for a run on Christmas day. Might even try to add a mile. Or, you know, 5 miles. maybe 10. yep, a 10 mile run sounds good about now.
              Kenotic Runner

ok who will running on christmas?
                Not me. I got bit by a dog in the park last Christmas!

Another Passion

Somehow swinging a hammer from a ladder that's sitting on a lot of snow and ice just doesn't feel right.
                  You're just the kinda people us FF/EMS folks love Mikey. "So, how'd his coccyx end up in his throat?". "Well you see, the guy was hammering away at some ice dams from a ladder set on snow and ice when..." We always get at least one call in the fall for someone falling off a roof or ladder hanging lights too. Course I have no room to talk... several years ago we had so much snow, I was on our roof with a snow blower. Big grin

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Dog-Love

Oh yeah...a 5-miler. Kids will be making breakfast for mom and dad. We open presents on Xmas eve and I already opened my Garmiin 10 days before Xmas eve because I couldn't wait
                    Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

New Runner

I'm only scheduled for 2mi on Christmas. But I may do it tomorrow just to get it out of the way.
                        yes - will be going for an 8k run with DH. tempo for me - easy for him! Big grin

Another Passion

yes - will be going for an 8k run with DH. tempo for me - easy for him! Big grin
                          Well, your tempo run would be probably better than my race pace Mandy! Roll eyes

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Unfortunately no, we go surfing - tradition. But I will be out on 26th for sure - Test out my new Polar HRM ;-)
                            Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
                              I'll be running from my home to my in-laws, where the Xmas party takes place this year (23 km). Then I'm afraid I'll get double as many calories as I burned in the way Wink

Targets 1) No injuries 2) Keep having fun 3) Some kind of PR

I will be running Christmas morning. I plan on a quick 3 miles before breakfast. Mike