Fall Marathons (Read 1196 times)

The full is supposed to be flat and the majority of it is up HWY 1 (the major selling point for me). I've actually heard it's a better course than the half. I did the Orange County this year and it SUCKED. I finished strong and did a great job, but running on closed toll roads was NOT my ideal choice for my first marathon. So this time I want scenery and people and hopefully a BQ!
    "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
      StumpJump is supposed to be a great 50k, and they have tons of great swag. I have had this on my to do list for many moons. Oh. And it is a great training run for the Monkey Evil grin
      you're making me cry! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I wanna do both! but have when I look at the map, TN is a far cry from San Diego! Dead

Jennifer mm#1231

Me and my gang in Breck

I'm going to run the Baystate marathon in Lowell Massachusetts in October. Mark

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

I'm looking for a good race in September, preferably a trail run. Any suggestions?
          lol.. if you want a real adventure, check out www.racingahead.com - There's a good race in September Smile if you don't mind adding in a little cross training and getting lost in the woods.
          PWL

Has been

I'm running one. Not sure which. Cape Cod and Maine are my likely candidates right now.
            I'm looking to do Maine in October as well...

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

I'm looking for a good race in September, preferably a trail run. Any suggestions?
              I just signed up for the North Country Trail Marathon (http://www.stridersrun.com/races.htm) (sorry - I don't know how to make the link active). They also have a 50-miler. It's September 15th and goes through Michigan's Manistee national forest about an hour south of Traverse City all on single track trail. Also, a good site for trail running in general is http://www.trailrunner.com/. A huge list of trail races can be accessed via the events link at the bottom of the page.
              The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense. Jim Harrison
                VA, Tricia....def...let's meet up! I am recruiting more runners for the race, too! This is going to be fun!
                If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just signed up for the North Country Trail Marathon (http://www.stridersrun.com/races.htm) (sorry - I don't know how to make the link active). They also have a 50-miler. It's September 15th and goes through Michigan's Manistee national forest about an hour south of Traverse City all on single track trail.
                  Enjoy that--my hubby's aunt and uncle help organize that race. I'm doing the Striders Classic 10 mile in a couple of weeks--first race for '07! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

I just signed up for the North Country Trail Marathon (http://www.stridersrun.com/races.htm) (sorry - I don't know how to make the link active). They also have a 50-miler. It's September 15th and goes through Michigan's Manistee national forest about an hour south of Traverse City all on single track trail. Also, a good site for trail running in general is http://www.trailrunner.com/. A huge list of trail races can be accessed via the events link at the bottom of the page.
                    ...there, I fixed the link for you!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

nemo1

I'm running the Lakefront Marathon in Milwaukee, WI on October 7, 2007. But next October I plan on running Chicago.
                        Sad I feel so left out of these conversations. I don't have any full marathons planned, ever. I might consider another half, but not a full.

Michelle

Don't feel left out...you are a runner no matter how far you run! And, you are in a club I wish I was in...I have somehow managed to miss the married with children club...and, I think that is a far more important club than a running club. So, well done on so much more!!!
                          If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
                          Scout7

Miss, I'll get you running one next year. It's my new mission in life.
                              Don't feel left out...you are a runner no matter how far you run! And, you are in a club I wish I was in...I have somehow managed to miss the married with children club...and, I think that is a far more important club than a running club. So, well done on so much more!!!
                              Thank you...but you do realize that I'll still continue to declare that my children are pure evil - even if they do put me in that nifty married with children club - there are times when I want out. In fact, just last night I threatened to escape to a tropical island, or go back to work (I was desperate for a break).

Michelle