Funny Health/Fitness-related Irony (Read 987 times)

Nice collection of lighthouse photos, Trent. I saw several from NC, are all the rest from the Great Lakes area or from elsewhere?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Eryn

K, your house is too cute!!! So jealous. My house is pure 1954 boringness... plus it's poopy brown now (we've got big plans to paint it red this fall).

Some runners drag a tire. I drag a Great Pyrenees.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Pics are from all over. Some are NC, others north of Chicago, the Michigan UP, Cape Cod and Providence, around Duluth, Door County and other parts around the great lakes. Whenever I go somewhere near water, I check to see if there are lighthouses nearby. One of those was even on Lake Nebagamon in rural Wisconsin.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Light Houses I have found
          Those are WAY cool! I've been to many of those on Lake MI, myself. Meant to get to Cana Island with my son last week, but ran out of time. So you haven't seen Peggy's Cove? A trip to NS is a MUST! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

K, your house is too cute!!! So jealous. My house is pure 1954 boringness... plus it's poopy brown now (we've got big plans to paint it red this fall).
            It's only cool on the outside--seriously. The yard made such a great first impression that we were blinded to the many faults of the interior...like the ONE closet in the entire house. Oh, well, just gives us more excuses to play outside! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Peggy's Cove is pretty. I have never seen it, but the pics are awesome. Lots and lots of great ones out there!! Many more to go see...
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Peggy's Cove is pretty. I have never seen it, but the pics are awesome. Lots and lots of great ones out there!! Many more to go see...
                Ahhh...we spent the first day of our honeymoon at Peggy's Cove. One of these days I need to track down those negatives and scan them in. A really dramatic storm blew in and I got some very cool shots of the lighthouse with menacing clouds in the background. Taking vacations with the intent to photograph lighthouses is a really neat thing. Especially since so many are being lost and falling to ruin, nowadays... Sad k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The link I sent you actually has lighthouses all over the country. I am not allowed to schedule vacations to find lighthouses (or marathons for that matter), but I make sure we stop to see them if we are in the area. Here is the complete website: http://lighthousefriends.com/maps.html. Surf around it, there are so many great lights out there, all over the place. Post your pics if you can.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Post your pics if you can.
                    One of these days I want to...so many of the lighthouse shots I have are "old school" film shots. I have a decent negative scanner, so it's just a matter of sorting through boxes to find my shots, scan 'em in, and put them online. k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Film? What's that? Just kidding. For years and years I shot/developed/printed rolls and rolls and rolls of tmax. I miss the stuff.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

For BW I shot TMax, Tri-X, and that one Ilford C-41 process BW (the name escapes me...). I even had a bulk-loader with TMax once-upon-a-time. Though I'm really more of a color girl. I loved Fuji films and papers best. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

PWL

Has been

The link I sent you actually has lighthouses all over the country. I am not allowed to schedule vacations to find lighthouses (or marathons for that matter), but I make sure we stop to see them if we are in the area. Here is the complete website: http://lighthousefriends.com/maps.html. Surf around it, there are so many great lights out there, all over the place. Post your pics if you can.
                          If you want to combo a vacation sometime, plan to come to my home state--Maine--for lighthouses and a race. First weekend in August is the Beach to Beacon 10k race. http://www.beach2beacon.org It is hosted by Joan Benoit Samuelson, who always runs it too. It also has a pretty complete field of locals lining up next the best Kenyan elites (a total of around 5000 runners). It's fast, flat, and ends here: http://www.portlandheadlight.com/pic1.html

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

I saw a neighbor driving in to the new 24-hour Fitness that's about 2.5 miles from home. We waved. When I got home, he was pulling into his driveway and asked incredulously "You run all the way over there - and back?". I smiled but it took all my self control not to laugh out loud at the irony. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I had actually run 10 miles tonight - so I just said "yeah" and headed inside to shower.
                            You should of given him a copy of the couch to 5K program. Seriously... one of the reasons I run is because it's convenient. Out the door and I am off.... modal

Vim

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, Maine is a light house dreamland. I'd have to go up there for a month and live on a boat to do it right. There are sooooo many great lights up there!!
                              mikeymike

So what's up with a guy with a lighthouse fetish living in central Tennessee? That's like Chief Brodie, who is afraid of water, living on an island.

Runners run