Sweaty guys help! (Read 1406 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If it's just somewhat warm I wear a Bondi Band to keep sweat out of my eyes.  But I have found that they don't wick all that well...eventually they just become saturated, then the sweat rolls into my eyes.  Best thing I have found for sweat is a wicking ball-cap or a Headsweats do rag.  Plus the do rag looks kinda badass.

In colder weather I wear a wicking beanie-type hat to cover my ears.  I sweat a lot regardless of season and have given myself eczema above my eyes from my sweat.  Yeah, I'm just that sexy.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

+1 on Halo head band. Come home it is soaked through and through, but still the sweat is not running into eyes. Without one the sweat runs into eyes, gets on glasses. Without it on I try to use semi-soaked part of shirt to wipe eyes but not very effective. Plus you can get cool tan lines on the forehead.

I dont think you can avoid sweating and especially on hot days during a run (I cant avoind sweatting on cold days during a run)......All i know is that I come in and take off my stinky sweaty shirt and go about my business....

casualities of running.......

Champions are made when no one is watching

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

I dont think you can avoid sweating and especially on hot days during a run (I cant avoind sweatting on cold days during a run)......All i know is that I come in and take off my stinky sweaty shirt and go about my business....

casualities of running.......

Agree.  Running and sweating is a combo package.  If you don't sweat you ain't running hard enough.  Reason I usually run w/o shirt above 60F. 

As for eyes, hats/visors [or if you are trapped in 70's a headband] help but I don't use them.  I just deal with the sting and use the towel at end to dry off. 

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Anything technical. Or, sleeveless. Or, a singlet. Or, tops off...

Big fan of the visor. Keeps the sweat out of my eyes, the top of my head stays cool and I just can't pull off the headband unless I am ballin', yo.

wedge-

At the risk of derailing this thread...

What do you do about sweat getting into your eyes?  When I run the sweat always ends up in my eyes and it burns like crazy.  I think I sweat sulfuric acid.  I end up taking my glasses off and wiping away the sweat but it's not that much of a help.  It is very temporary.

I tried the Underarmour skullcap and it helps a lot (although it looks kinda weird). A lightweight running cap also does the job. However, I would stay away from the headband; I don't really care how it would look but I'm not interested in having a big white stipe on my forehead after spending too much time in the sun!!!

Dunottar

I sweat like a hog, run without my glasses, and don't like to run with stuff on my head (just a personal *thing*), so I wear a 3-4" wide tennis wristband down on my hand and wipe forehead and eyes as necessary.  I rotate it every so often to a dry[er] spot. That way, I don't have to carry anything (like a towel) in my hand for an hour or two and the swinging of my arm helps to dry it out as I run,......well, a little bit, anyway.

MTA:

"....don't like to run with stuff on my head..."

I should take that back: I already run with AM-FM radio headphones and often use a Petzel headlamp (pre-dawn) with a blinker on the back, so adding a headband/beanie/do-rag would probably make my head list precariously to one side.

The shirtless wonder

I tried the Underarmour skullcap and it helps a lot (although it looks kinda weird). A lightweight running cap also does the job. However, I would stay away from the headband; I don't really care how it would look but I'm not interested in having a big white stipe on my forehead after spending too much time in the sun!!!

As a bald guy I don't think I could deal with a headband.  If I did I think I'd look a bit like the guys from In Living Color with the "two snaps up in a circle" skit.  I already look like a raccoon due to my obnoxious sun glasses tan.  I have a strip on my arm from my mp3 player too.  A visor is probably my best bet but I don't like having stuff on my head...but maybe I'll try it.

I think a cool product idea would be something that could attach to sun glasses to block sweat dripping into your eyes.  Sometimes my glasses are on just right so the sweat drips down the lenses instead of into my eyes.  Some people hate that but I prefer it.

Marylander

I'm bald and shave my head and the gutr I mentioned doesn't leave tan lines. I think it's made of silicone (translucent). Sweat in the eyes is much worse once you go bald...

Kirk

The shirtless wonder

I'm bald and shave my head and the gutr I mentioned doesn't leave tan lines. I think it's made of silicone (translucent). Sweat in the eyes is much worse once you go bald...

Kirk

Thanks Kirk.  I missed your post.  I might try one of those things.  There's a local bike shop that carries them.

she runs like a girl

Try Antiperspirant

Yes - that stuff you use on your armpits, it works for problem areas too. Of course you wouldn't want to put it on your entire body and you might feel awakward putting it on your head, but I use it for poblem areas like between the girls and on my lower back where I get extremely sweaty

2010 goals: PR at distances from 3k-HM 3k: 02/02/10 - 12:00 - road 5k :03/13/10 - 20:32 - road 10mile: 04/02/10 - 1:15:49 "The only thing I hate more than running is not running"
                          I am bald and wear headbands on every run ... you look like a j-a ... but it beats getting the sweat in the eyes.  It's a goof now b/c I get headbands as gifts for every major holiday.  I am busting out the r-w-b for the 4th this weekend [ie - Salami from the White Shadow]; I have one that says Hair Club; a couple LeBron - esque numbers.  I sunscreen up the melon pretty good to avoid the tan lines.  Wring it out every couple of miles [which serves to gross people out during races] ... it works for me.

2012= under-goaled

xor

Salami!  HA.  That's funny stuff.

(tangent: salami, salami, baloney)

Menace to Sobriety

I [ie - Salami from the White Shadow]; 
                              I loved that show.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

The shirtless wonder

I wear a GUTR, http://www.sweatgutr.com/home.html, since hats are too hot. Works pretty well for me and I can barely function when I forget it.

Kirk

Kirk,

Thanks for the recommendation.  I bought a Gutr and it works great.  I ran for two and a half hours in 70 degrees and high humidity yesterday and I didn't have to wipe my face even one time.  My sunglasses were clean the entire time too. 

Greg