Arrest made (Read 523 times)

Feeling the growl again

Older brother died from many injuries including, appropriately, shrapnel.

Pure speculation but from the "confirmed" reports of grenades, I would guess that after he was too wounded to continue fighting he elected to get up close and personal with one to prevent capture.

The only way the other will be captured alive is if they incapacitate him enough to prevent him from doing the same, IMO.

While intel would be nice I would rather they kill him than let anyone else be harmed/killed trying to capture him alive.  We now have a fourth death and grieving family as a result of this senselessness.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE93I0JL20130419?irpc=932

Ah, well, I stand corrected.  Hadn't seen that on any of the sites I visit for news.

Though I still think we shouldn't rule out the Presbyterian angle.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

While intel would be nice I would rather they kill him than let anyone else be harmed/killed trying to capture him alive. 

Oh, absolutely.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Go easy on the Calvinists.... The predestination issue is a hot topic that we cannot bring in to this debate.

In all seriousness, though, this is crazy stuff going on and although I'm not sure whether I have much of a position on whether he lives or dies after this standoff, it's sad that a story like this has consumed a week of our time.  I'm ready for this story to end and for us to go back to our normal daily lives.

It's sad that there's so much hatred that people are willing to hate and kill.

I don't want to (find MTA: ) fight hatred with hatred.  I want to hope that those that hate stop hating.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Wing

Joggaholic

Those Quantum Presbyterians are always up to no good...

I hope they get the 2nd guy without more people getting hurt

If he lives, we'll be hearing about this for months / years.

If he dies, it is over and we move on.

I give a +1 to hoping the second folk is killed or takes his life.  I understand some will disagree with me on this, but I am of the opinion that once you have killed others in such an act, I take no pity on the person committing such acts.  Better the perp is dead in my opinion.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

How nice for you.

Runners run

L Train

Thank you mikey.

I'm ready for this story to end and for us to go back to our normal daily lives. 

Also, this is pulled from context, and you may not have meant it as douchey, but that's how it reads to me.

How nice for you.

Some folks want him alive and years of trials + have him chill in a jail cell getting 3 hots a day and watching television the rest of his life.   I would be fine if the opposite was the case and he got the same thing he gave to others.  Just stating my opinion.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Ojo

I have to agree with mikeymike -- it will be a long time before people can move on.  I live 150 miles away and know a dozen people personally effected by this.  My closest being my BIL who works in the building in between the 2 bombings.  I have a feeling many might never get over it.

Sara

MM #2929

L Train

I think what mikey may have meant is that whether he lives or dies, there are hundreds of people that will not simply be able to "move on".

Feeling the growl again

I think everyone on here recognizes that, for a large number of people, things will never be back to normal ever again.  I doubt anyone meant their comments that way and I think they just meant that they don't want any further drama that will continue to make things worse than they already are.  I hope this thread is not going down a bad path.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

I think everyone on here recognizes that, for a large number of people, things will never be back to normal ever again.  I doubt anyone meant their comments that way and I think they just meant that they don't want any further drama that will continue to make things worse than they already are.  I hope this thread is not going down a bad path.

+1

Just stating my opinion.

For a lot of people in this area it will not be as simple as "it is over and we move on" regardless of  the suspect is taken dead or alive. Just stating the obvious.

Runners run

Also, this is pulled from context, and you may not have meant it as douchey, but that's how it reads to me.

oooh.  I don't mean it to be douchey.  I mean that it's sad that we're dealing with it and I wish it didn't happen.

Similar to 9/11.... After 9/11, I became paralyzed by the event in a way that didn't allow me to be normal.  I was filled with anger, hatred, and sadness and was unhealthy.  It was one of the darkest times of my life, and I don't want to go back there.
                                As it relates to Boston, I want this white hat guy to be gone and for us to be safer than we have been since Monday afternoon.

I'm sorry if you (and others) interpreted my comment that way.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life