Annual Forum Awards (Read 2011 times)

Scout7

I think I get a couple of those! Bike: 1986. Red Trek Antelope.
    I ride a 1985 Schwinn WorldSport.
      I ride a 1985 Schwinn WorldSport.
      Hmmph. But do you actually ride it?

Now that was a bath...

Stupidest newcomer or fastest to go from couch to couch. Me. Total time for entire event 5 weeks. If I end up having to have surgery then I should get an extra award for Couch to knife in seven weeks. Claire xxx
      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
        Wingz

Professional Noob

And the winners are ... ? Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

With nominations closing at midnight December 31, and in the closest voting yet (of course, this has been the only year with any voting), the results are in. And no--I will never reveal the nominators (at least, not without some cash consideration). Without further ado, the winners (using the term loosely) are: Cutest Race Picture JakeKnight (http://picasaweb.google.com/mduncan36/FlyingMonkey1A1/photo#4999699894729900050) Most Miles run in 2006 renorun (3,788) Runner-up - schneidr (2,573) Couch-to-Ouch Award kooky2003 Best Running Advice mikeymike Most Time on RA (The "Get a Life" Award) zoom-zoom Best Excuses (The Sun got in my eyes Award) Cool Trent Best Marathon Debut oce222 (2:39 in his first marathon) Shocked Most Thoughtful Poster wingz Best Procrastinator Abbaroodle Most Perservering Shuggaar Most Improved Runner wingz Best Race Director (actual race) Trent Best Race Director (virtual race) wingz (this was a virtual lock) Weirdest Sense of Humor JakeKnight Best Mapgeek Trent Best Avatar jlynnbob Best Running Reports Trent Best General Reports JakeKnight Most Miles on a Dreadmill Tacojoe7 (588) Oldest Bike Still in Use Scout7 (1985 Schwinn Worldsport) Fastest time from marathon finish to first beer JakeKnight (23 seconds) Oldest running shirt still in rotation woodlandsprite Last but not least: The "Grand-High Knick-Knack of the Weasel Lodge" Award for making all of this actually possible Eric Eric--all were united in their expressions of appreciation to you for putting this great site together. In the words of one nominator--You da man! And finally: The RA Runner of the Year - 2006 The Running Man (Bernie) Quoting one nominator--"He has made some incredible gains in his running this year and has inspired many with his story and hard work." To which I (and many others, I'm sure) add "Amen". Let the games begin for 2007
            My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

You'll ruin your knees!

...for Bernie...thanks for the inspiration and God bless. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How did *I* miss the results?! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

How did *I* miss the results?!
                  Seriously... Maybe they should revoke your award!? Wink The irony is just too much to handle.. Big grin
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Seriously... Maybe they should revoke your award!? Wink The irony is just too much to handle.. Big grin
                    *snort* Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

How did *I* miss the results?!
                      :: giggle::

How did *I* miss the results?! Wink k
                        Hmm. I already sense a new award category for next year. And the nominee is...
                        My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

Don - is it too early to nominate for 2007? I'm thinking longest race report for Mile Collector with his Goofy triad...
                            He has certainly set a bench-mark that will be tough to beat. But, with 11 1/2 months still to go, there's a chance jlynnbob or JK may rise to the challenge. One thing's for sure--it ain't gonna be me.

You'll ruin your knees!

He has certainly set a bench-mark that will be tough to beat. But, with 11 1/2 months still to go, there's a chance jlynnbob or JK may rise to the challenge. One thing's for sure--it ain't gonna be me.
                              hmmmm....could be an excuse to do this one... "Desert Race Across the Sand (R.A.T.S.) A Multi-day Footrace Adventure June 17-23, 2007 Registration is now open! Run from Grand Junction, Colorado to the world famous Moab, Utah along the beautiful 148-mile Kokopelli's trail. Distances will range from day to day between 9 and 50 miles. This is a grueling event that will challenge the most seasoned athletes yet it is designed so that less experienced ultrarunners can train for and successfully complete the course. The entire length of the trail is stunningly beautiful with jagged canyons and breathtaking vistas and Desert R.A.T.S. racers experience every beautiful mile." Race report for each day = 7 different reports on one event! Been eyeing this one for a while... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How about most posts on a single subject?