Funniest thing said to you while running (Read 725 times)

Swadvad

I may have posted this before, but while visiting my parents in the town where I grew up, my wife and I were running through some older neighborhoods. She was about 10 feet in front of me as we passed some bubbas drinking beer on the front porch. (Approx. 9:00 a.m.! Who knew that Pabst Blue Ribbon is a breakfast beer?) One guy yells, "Hey buddy, if you run faster you can catch that chick." Ha! He didn't know that my wife is extremely type A. I've been trying to catch her for 23 years!

Run the race God set B4U

There is a house on the route we usually run, fortunately in the mornings they are not up, but afternoons if they are outside they will hoop & holler (bunch of young guys) anyway...we don't look , just keep to ourselves but the other night they hollered "That's what I'm talkin about....we gonna go fishin tonight!" I had no idea what that meant but we tried desperately to keep a straight face while picking up the pace so we could laugh!!!!!!
      5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)

Go Pre!

Ottawa Marathon last year. Ran through a shady area (not sun protected!) and there were some french dudes already pissed (it was 8AM at this point) They were smoking weed too, you could smell it wafting by and there were dancing around screraming to all of us. F*** the race, come up here and have some real fun, and then giggle like school girls.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think the teenagers who were flabbergasted by my 10 miler yesterday were pretty funny. It's always cool to leave kids speechless when they're in the middle of that know-it-all/BTDT phase of life. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ottawa Marathon last year. Ran through a shady area (not sun protected!) and there were some french dudes already pissed (it was 8AM at this point) They were smoking weed too, you could smell it wafting by and there were dancing around screraming to all of us. F*** the race, come up here and have some real fun, and then giggle like school girls.
            Ha, I have run a race the last 2 years (actually, 2 years ago it was my first race). There is a house on the course with a hilarious bunch of middle-aged guys who have sat drinking both times that I've run it. Last year on my way out on the 15k course I told them to have a bloody mary ready for me on the return (that's what they were drinking...mmm...good breakfast!). When I was a mile from the finish I was ploddin' along and hollered at them as I passed for not having my bloody mary ready for me. If I see them again this year I will give them a hard time.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

Speaking of drinks, I was 3/4 of the way through an 8K and a guy about 20 seconds ahead of me runs by a house where he seemed to know the people (he had stopped to say a quick hello) butI heard as I caught up, they offered him a beer and he said, ya I'll stop now and drink with you, I am not feeling 'it' today anyway. Moral: Beer, the only decent excuse for dropping out of a race! P.S. Sorry for the semi-threadjack Smile