Dogs as children (Read 752 times)

prayers for a speedy and healthy healing and return to normalcy

2012= under-goaled

De-slacking in progress

Have both- when our human children were sick or needed surgery and when any of our pets needed the same- the pain is the same I found out. When you love someone (human or animal) you don't want to see them in pain. Hoping things work out for you Smile

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Imminent Catastrophe

Doggie get-wells from Daisy, Sammy, and Georgia. And us. Daisy's been very sick the last two days, gorging on water and throwing up. Stomach inflammation. She got a shot and some meds today and will not be allowed to eat or drink until tomorrow.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

thumbs up!

Our mini doxie had back surgery too. Don't be alarmed if he can't walk for a while. Ours used one of those "carts" that let them walk with their front legs, but pull their back end. One other thing we weren't prepared for was helping him urinate. For us, everything returned to normal within a few weeks. Good luck, and hang in there.
          2010 Goals
          1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
          2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
          3. sub 30 min 5k
          4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10
            My cat Penny thinks she's my mother (well she was my mother's cat and the alpha cat of the group) and tries to boss me around.
            I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
            xor

Behold the Frankenwiener: Image and video hosting by TinyPic He's home now. He has feeling and motor activity in his hind legs, but he's wobbly and it is too early to tell if he'll get back to normal. 4-6 weeks of no activity. Which is going to be really hard for him. And me, preventing him from trying. But look at the eyes in this blurry picture. Sad little boy. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awww...what a sweetie. He's so lucky to have good people to love him and take care of him.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Oh, he's been through a lot. In addition to eating the leash, giardia, and this back thing, he also had surgery about four months ago to remove a benign tumor. It wasn't nearly as frightening as this one, not by a long shot, but it did look scary... which only adds to the whole Frankenwiener aura. Image and video hosting by TinyPic He did, however, enjoy being Long John Wiener for Halloween. YAR. Image and video hosting by TinyPic (and that didn't cost thousands of dollars)

Imminent Catastrophe

I think "Lucky" would be a better name for the little guy! Glad he's getting better.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I think Tobias is lucky to have such a good home. I'm glad he's doing well. Is he a mini? He looks just like our Peanut! They can really speak to you with their eyes can't they. Hugs to Tobias..... Vicki
                      xor

Yes, he's a mini. 10 pounds! I also have a 13 lb mini beagle. It's been a looooooong day, me and Tobias.

Menace to Sobriety

Glad he's doing better.......tell the little pirate "Arrrghhh" for me.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

It's been a looooooong day, me and Tobias.
                            You guys need to cozy up and get some rest! Hugs!
                            Trigirl

Poor little guy...he's sooo cute! He's very lucky to have an owner who loves him so much! Btw, just went to see "Marley and Me" today....for all you dog lovers, I thought it was a good movie but be prepared to cry!!!! For anyone who has ever had to put down a canine companion, this will re-live those moments all over again...gulp. I definitely made a bee-line home to give my current furry buddy a great big hug!

2010 results: Muskoka long course: 2km-55km-15km- 1st in age group (qualified for Ironman Canada), 4th female amateur overall; Smith Falls triathlon- first female overall; 5 km Canada Day running race- 20:42 (fourth female overall). My first pure running race! Quinte triathlon 1.5-40km-10km Second female overall; Ktown triathlon -first female overall (2km-55km-15km) Mt Forest triathlon (500-20km-5km) 1st female overall; Brockville triathlon (750-20-5km) 1st place female overall

2011 results: (Racing with Piriformis syndrome-ouch)  Sydenham Triathlon- 1st female overall; Peterborough Triathlon-4th female (out of 185)and 1st in age group.....

redleaf

Oh gosh he is adorable. Glad to hear that recovery has started!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362