GPS won't upload (Read 787 times)

running sweetlee

I have searched through support forum and cannot find an answer to my issue, apologies if I have missed it.

I have uploaded one run straight from GPS unit with no problems a couple of days ago but have been unable to upload run that I did yesterday.  When I connect my GPS the "Upload from file" tab only highlights.  I have gone through all checks,  plugins, updates etc and all seems ok.  The actual run info is now sitting in the history so it looks like the info went somewhere??  I have  a Garmin Forerunner 205, using Vista, Windows Internet Explorer 7. 

I have just returned to runing after injury and really want to keep tabs on myself.  Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks in advance.

eric :)

running sweetlee,

The imported workouts are stored on the import page until you move them into your log.  I checked your import page and found multiple workouts of the same dates there.  You should click on the diskette icon for the workout you want to save and click the Save button on the resulting page.  This will move the workout to your log.  After that, you should click the "Delete All" button to delete the duplicates.

eric :-)

running sweetlee

Thanks Eric Smile 

alexy211

running sweetlee,

The imported workouts are stored on the import page until you move them into your log.

eric :-)

Eric,

I think there may be an opportunity for greater clarity in this. I had the same issue there first time I used it. The message that pops up after uploading led me to believe that it would only be a couple of minutes to get the workout uploaded, and that a banner message would pop up at the top of the screen wherever I was in RA. It seemed to take longer and never saw that message. But maybe it didn't take longer, and it was just that I wasn't getting the message. It appears that you need to return to the upload screen to find the uploaded file ready to be added to one's log.

I think this works fine, just is a little confusing for those of us coming at it cold.

Alex

The Plodder

I am having problems uploading my latest run from my Forerunner 305. I have updated the Garmin plugin and have tried from both IE8 and Google Chrome. With IE8 I noticed that there is a javascript error which reads as follows: Webpage error details User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB0.0; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729) Timestamp: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 14:07:16 UTC Message: 'dojo' is undefined Line: 124 Char: 1 Code: 0 URI: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/9f63ba4fca0d429388beba4dd6a11edc/tools/gps Message: 'dojo' is undefined Line: 126 Char: 1 Code: 0 URI: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/9f63ba4fca0d429388beba4dd6a11edc/tools/gps
              Yeah, trouble here too. RunningAhead is not seeing my Garmin 305 even being connected. Garmin Training Center and Garmin Connect website have no problems, so I know connection is fine.
              jjv

Not working here as well. Also I had a new course this morning and the new course screen came up but the mapping was not available.
                dklimas

Yeah, trouble here too. RunningAhead is not seeing my Garmin 305 even being connected. Garmin Training Center and Garmin Connect website have no problems, so I know connection is fine.

I am having the same issue, but I am using a Garmin 205.
                  Jill_B

I fly.

I have the same problem with the 205.

Bring it on.

anachrotech

Same problem here with my 305. I've uploaded last week and now it says my device is not connected. Sad

still alive

Ditto - I uploaded yesterday but today it is not working. I tried to upload from a file too and that seems to be broken. I choose my file fine but the "upload" button is still greyed out and unresponsive. On another note, I noticed that there are no linebreaks in posts anymore. And no ability to switch to HTML anymore? No buttons for various features in posting? Must be a glitch.

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

Any idea when they plan to fix this?
                          PR's: 5k 19:34 2008 10k 41:05 2008 Half 1:34:34 2007 Marathon 3:29:49 2009 Up next, Spring Marathon NJ?
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Any idea when they plan to fix this?

"They" is Eric, who does a great job and runs this site in his spare time. I'm hoping he is taking the holiday off! Don't worry, he'll fix the problems as soon as he can.

still alive

Looks like GPS uploads are working again.

THANK YOU ERIC!! Smile

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

HermosaBoy

"They" is Eric, who does a great job and runs this site in his spare time. I'm hoping he is taking the holiday off! Don't worry, he'll fix the problems as soon as he can.

Whenever something like this happens (like today), I generally wait patiently because Eric usually fixes it right around the time I would send him a feedback email.

Eric is DA MAN!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob