Hot! (Read 1112 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

To see this and other cartoons, check out www.caglecartoons.com... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah...it's probably less humid in Hell than it is, here. We're somewhere in the 80-85% ballpark with 80ยบ temps. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

Same here! Makes running really difficult. I have to get up before 6 to get a long run in (if I don't want to fall over afterward). Dead I find it really hard to drink enough to keep up with all my sweating!
          Yesterday 3:50 AM 75 F 100% with heavy fog. And it did NOT get any better. Infact the heat killed the battery in my outdoor temp guage so I really don't have a reading for how bad it really got. Then to top it off the AC in my truck suddenly changed up and started blowing through the defrost vents only. With the humidity it means wippers on mist to see where I am going. Then of course I drive 61 miles of a 63 mile drive to work and it starts to work correctly. Hope it stay working correctly on the way home!!!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is right on the money...only my hubby pointed-out that in this humidity nothing would evaporate. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Yeah... as I was out running this morning, 85 degrees (not that bad for 8 AM! It's mid to upper 90's now), I noticed that on the shady lawns there was still a significant amount of dew on the grass.... at 8 am and 85+ degrees... Roll eyes modified to correct run time and add: according to the weather link in the training log, it's now 97 with a heat index of 104... almost nice compared to some places! Big grin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I really wish I could run in the AMs, but hubby is generally off to work by about 6:30, so I would need to be out at 5 or so to be home in time. And it's still dark then, which kinda freaks me out. k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Correction on heat index: 107. Keeps bouncing around. I hope we get a good thunderstorm soon! Had any more trouble with creeps stalking you?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No more creeps...well, not ones that have made me too nervous. Just the random jerk honking their horn or hollering out the car/truck window at me. k

~ Sarah Kay

I feel like them in the picture. Our thermometer broke the other day - it maxed out at 50c.
                      Run more.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I feel like them in the picture. Our thermometer broke the other day - it maxed out at 50c.
                        Wow, and we Nordic types don't do well in those temps--heck, I can't think of anyone who does. That is some dangerously hot weather! BTW, speaking of Danes, my son's name is Dane, in honor of my Danish heritage (in addition to some Swedish, Norwegian, and Scottish blood and "mystery" lineage from my biological grandfather--my mom was adopted and will probably never know his identity), and because we wanted a "D" name. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Does he have to explain that long story to everyone who ask about the origin of his name? Big grin People here think I'm some elite runner, whenI run theu many times roll down the dindow of their cars and clap and cheer me on. I guess that is what I get for being a Dane runner in Qatar Clowning around
                          Run more.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Does he have to explain that long story to everyone who ask about the origin of his name? Big grin People here think I'm some elite runner, whenI run theu many times roll down the dindow of their cars and clap and cheer me on. I guess that is what I get for being a Dane runner in Qatar Clowning around
                            Nah, though we do explain that he is the 4th generation D. Ivan on his dad's side. Big grin Hmmm...I should come run in Qatar--I'll bet I'd really stand out there, too (I'd be the pasty woman succumbing to the heat). Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah - come on to Qatar for a run. here is a great a wariety of routes. I have 3 places to run in daylight, but then it is too hot, at night I only have one place with proper lighting. And it is 100% flat here as well. Great place for running. Big grin
                              Run more.
                              gizmot

Try New orleans 96 100% humidity