Things I don't normally like to admit... (Read 2078 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

This thread was a ton of fun until the toe-sucking post. Blechhh ptooey.. Arla

Ex runner

obsessor

I am a proud Merle Haggard fan.
      I'm sorry man, so sorry.
      obsessor

Sure. But he's got a point. And he's not talking about people like you. I've watched people run 32:00 5-ks and yet somehow manage to do the final 200 meters in about 30 seconds. And these people are almost always overweight middle-aged white guys. I assume sooner or later I'll get to see one of them receiving CPR at the finish line. I'm not sure they're exactly "digging deep" as they sprint past ladies with strollers and elbow grandma out of the way.
        Watch the average H.S. CC race. The later the finish, the more dramatic the kick. It would be funny if ... people I knew very well... were not coaches. This precludes laughing.
          Well no one knows the real reason I like running alone, because I fart alot when I run.........wait Blush
          ooohhhh....THANKS for sharing....ANOTHER contributor to global warming Confused

Bugs

I confess... 1. I've been caught going to the bathroom at the side of the roads three times. I just smiled. 2. When someone says, "I run so slow. I only run an ** minute mile" and I say "That's not slow, It's a FUN run." I am being dishonest. I don't consider myself fast either, but it's not "Just for fun" time doesn't matter run. 3. All the time spent running is hard on my family.

Bugs

run4fun8910

I confess... 1) no ipod 2) no garmin 3) never ran track 4) I enjoy the piece peace and quite quiet of running. If you have kids you know what I mean. I owe many an apology. When I was a couch potato. When I drove by a runner I would say not so nice words out of jealousy. To all of you I am sorry and I am not worthy. Shy
              Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When I was a couch potato. When I drove by a runner I would say not so nice words out of jealousy. To all of you I am sorry and I am not worthy. Shy
                I think a lot of us are guilty of this. Blush

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

run4fun8910

I think a lot of us are guilty of this. Blush
                  Now as people pass me I imagine that they are saying the same thing about me and I just smile. Big grin
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Now as people pass me I imagine that they are saying the same thing about me and I just smile. Big grin
                    *nods* Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

OH snap! All winter every now and then guys would roll down the car window as they passed and yell out something. I always thought it was words of encouragement. Do I feel dumb for smiling and giving them the thumbs up. Surprised

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

run4fun8910

I think you are right stretch. I think they said something like " darn it I missed." Wink
                          I confess... 4) I enjoy the piece and quite of running. Shy
                          That's amusing. I think I know what is a piece may refer to. Not sure of a quite. We knew what you meant though. Gosh. I'm pretty open, so there's not much I don't like to admit, if running related. Sometimes Often I smell post-run clothes for another day and say, "Good enough." Not runderwear or shorts, but shirts and outerpants. And hats. How the hell can hats come to smell so bad after a run or two?

phzzzzzzzzzzz

1) I like running at night along the beach. 2) I use running as an excuse to get out of doing house chores... (I hope my wife never finds this.) 3) when some young punk runs past me on the bike path, I mentally threaten to beat the crap out of him if he'd only be so kind as to slow enough for me to catch him.
                            run4fun8910

sew itz goade that eye cn speek English. Roll eyes

Bugs

In the interest of getting to know everyone, I've compiled a short list of the things I usually keep secret from casual running acquaintances... 10. When I see a runner "kick" hard at the end of a race, I quietly tell myself he didn't run hard enough in the first place.
                                I ran a race yesterday and this stuck in my mind. Kept telling myself, "Don't save it till the end." I ended the 5K bending over heaving. Awesome. Thank you!

Bugs