RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

va

I just saw "I am Legend" too. I really liked it. Scary and entertaining. I thought it was better than the book too.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just saw "I am Legend" too. I really liked it. Scary and entertaining. I thought it was better than the book too.
      I had no idea there was a book, or that there were earlier versions of the film. did was telling me that on the way out of the theater and I was really surprised. There were definitely long stretches of the movie where I was very uncomfortable. Lots of folks on the edge of their seats and a packed house. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

va

I had no idea there was a book, or that there were earlier versions of the film. did was telling me that on the way out of the theater and I was really surprised. There were definitely long stretches of the movie where I was very uncomfortable. Lots of folks on the edge of their seats and a packed house. k
        I was attempting to do an 18 or 20 miler on the treadmill, and I wanted something to listen to on my iPod, to help pass the time. I happened to find the "I am Legend" audio book, and gave it a try. (I think it was over 5 hours long). I didn't even know the movie was coming out when I bought it. MTA: this was a few months ago...
          I just saw Water Horse with my six-year old daughter and her five-year old buddy. It was just a little slow at times for them during the first half, but I thought it was an excellent movie throughout. There was plenty of funny stuff early on and plenty of adventurous stuff later on. The effects were excellent but did not overpower the rustic setting in WWII Scotland. I think its primary audience would be boys under 12, but there is much for just about everyone else.

Gotta TRI

I'm hoing to go see National Treasure 2 later today. The first one was really good. Big movie fan here. wife and I ( no kids ) love going to the movies. And Disney World!!! Andy
            2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just saw Water Horse with my six-year old daughter and her five-year old buddy. It was just a little slow at times for them during the first half, but I thought it was an excellent movie throughout. There was plenty of funny stuff early on and plenty of adventurous stuff later on. The effects were excellent but did not overpower the rustic setting in WWII Scotland. I think its primary audience would be boys under 12, but there is much for just about everyone else.
              Great! I hope to take DS (almost 7) later this week. He's been excited to see it ever since we saw the first trailer. I'll be happy to see all the Scottish scenery. I think I'm the only person who has spent time in Scotland and not seen Loch Ness. Roll eyes *smacks head*

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

... I'll be happy to see all the Scottish scenery. I think I'm the only person who has spent time in Scotland and not seen Loch Ness. Roll eyes *smacks head*
                You know, the Loch Ness Marathon and River Ness 10k are beautiful. Every October. Just sayin'

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You know, the Loch Ness Marathon and River Ness 10k are beautiful. Every October. Just sayin'
                  I know...if I decide after my first marathon that I want more, the Loch Ness Marathon will be #1 on my list of destination races. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Gotta TRI

National Treasure 2 ROCKED!!!!
                    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

Imminent Catastrophe

I know...if I decide after my first marathon that I want more, the Loch Ness Marathon will be #1 on my list of destination races. Smile
                      Oh, you will, zoom-zoom, you will! BTW nice avatar. My thoughts exactly!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, you will, zoom-zoom, you will! BTW nice avatar. My thoughts exactly!
                        Heh... did and I are both annoyed that GR moved their marathon up a week, which means that did won't be able to cheer me on--he'll likely be in Death Valley for the JDRF benefit ride. So he asked if there is any other marathon I could do around the same time...well, Loch Ness IS in the Fall! Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Joni and I took the boys to see "The Water Horse" today. Good movie, but pretty intense for little ones. The novelist was the same guy who wrote "Babe," which is a much sweeter story. I'd give TWH 2.5/4 stars, which is what other reviewers seem to be giving it. Babe I would give 4 stars. TWH had the most gorgeous scenery, though. The acting was quite good for the main characters, too. And those to-die-for Scottish accents. Ahh...the motherland. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Babe I would give 4 stars.
                            You have no idea how much I love that stupid movie. I really want a pet pig. And some sheep. And a couple of border collie. And singing mice.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You have no idea how much I love that stupid movie. I really want a pet pig. And some sheep. And a couple of border collie. And singing mice.
                              Don't forget the dumb duck...I'd even name him Ferdinand! Blush That movie is probably on my top 10 list of ALL movies. It's one of THE best movies to put me in a good mood no matter how crappy life may be at the moment. I even purchased a CD of the original composition that the theme movie is based upon...amazing how regal it sounds on a pipe organ. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

I really want to see The Orphanage, but my wife is too chicken. Roll eyes