Different colored bars (Read 1003 times)

Hoodoo Guru

Any problem with how people display their pace? I put my pace at 10:00/mile for all of my runs. I don't usually time my runs, and not all of my distances are accurate. 10:00/mile is such a nice round number and I know I am running at least that fast. Also, today was a 7 mile run, my long run of the week, so yes it's a "long run." I never considered making my log public, until someone on here said they really liked looking at other peoples logs. So I figured, why not make someone happy.

The tangents are moot.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Fine I'll make it an officially "long" thread. Wingz and Chris, you were obviously friendly fire casualties. I was aiming for our friend, the Dyestat refugee. But back to the OP's topic, I have seen at least two runners with stupid colored bars in their summary graphs. One actually has simply "stupid" bars, while the other has that plus "drunk and stupid" bars: Stupid: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/259c5652820340638512f715ed2ff6c7 Drunk and stupid: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/d08fa62dc20d47f5993af92bada54397
      Mikeymike, I always assume you hold me in the highest regard. Tongue There are very few things that offend me, and calling me old, slow, a jogger, or a low-mileage casual runner ain't on the list! Lucky me, for compared to some I'm all of the above, lol! Big grin MTA: And yeah. Watch out for those with "stupid" in their logs... Roll eyes

Roads were made for journeys...

JakeKnight

He's a high school kid. /shrugs
        I know. That's why I was mostly gentle. I was also amused, since as the Masshole-in-Chief helpfully pointed out, some of us really do have stupid colored bars.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

I skipped over this thread several times thinking the title said Different colored bras.

A Saucy Wench

I skipped over this thread several times thinking the title said Different colored bras.
            That actually did earn an audible snort laugh. It IS highly important to coordinate your bras. I run faster in black Wink

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

That actually did earn an audible snort laugh. It IS highly important to coordinate your bras. I run faster in black Wink
              I prefer white in the summer because it feels cooler.
                Carps, don't listen to these commoners and don't let them spoil your spirit. You're destined for greatness so keep on punching the clock and pounding the pavement. You'll be the envy of the entire community before long. Oh, and don't lose focus with the discussion between Ennay and Karla. Women weaken legs. Remember that.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

I wish I hadn't read this topic. As a new runner, I don't want to be made fun of if I ever manage to run 10 miles and consider it long. It makes me wonder if I really want my log to be public. Confused
                  celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I wish I hadn't read this topic. As a new runner, I don't want to be made fun of if I ever manage to run 10 miles and consider it long. It makes me wonder if I really want my log to be public. Confused
                    Don't worry about it. I'm doing my first 10 miler on Saturday, and will log it as a long run. Evil grin It's your log. If someone critiques you, unasked, write them off as an a$$hole. Keeping it public helps satisfy curiosity and get great advice when you ask a question about your training. MTA: The one time I needed some advice, my beginning running log (only 2-3 runs per week and very inconsistent) allowed JakeKnight to give me the confidence I needed for my first 5k--he almost nailed how well I did to the minute. Had my log been hidden, no dice.

Chris
                    PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Giant Flaming Dork

As a rule, Jake's the more colorful one... Trent's only got "Stupid", while Jake's got all sorts of stupid... Take a look at the 52 week graph: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/d08fa62dc20d47f5993af92bada54397/graph MTA: How do you link directly to the 52 week graph?

http://xkcd.com/621/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Question: is it better to be stupid or to be drunk and stupid?

Non ducor, duco.

Carps, don't listen to these commoners and don't let them spoil your spirit. You're destined for greatness so keep on punching the clock and pounding the pavement. You'll be the envy of the entire community before long. Oh, and don't lose focus with the discussion between Ennay and Karla. Women weaken legs. Remember that.
                          Troublemaker
                          JakeKnight

Every time I think I'm becoming a Master of the Snark, I find one of your posts ... and realize I am still but a young apprentice with so very much to learn.
                            Question: is it better to be stupid or to be drunk and stupid?
                            Yes. And you know know what annoys me? The log stalkers never seem to notice my lonely "beer run" category. That was the day I needed beer and needed miles so I just ran to the convenience store and lugged a 12-pack home. And I still stayed under 10:00 pace, too. I was very proud of that run. These people have no taste in colored bras.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

Every time I think I'm becoming a Master of the Snark, I find one of your posts ... and realize I am still but a young apprentice with so very much to learn.
                              Don't beat yourself up. I'm enjoying some really nice low humidity so I have that going for me, which is nice.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

JK, Lank just snarked your snark. Not that there is anything wrong with that.