Yay!!! The hubby joined me for the 2nd time in a row this week!!! (Read 828 times)

Baby bean!

I've been begging him. But this former uber-athlete was tired/hungry/didn't want to walk/knees hurt/ibs kicked in/etc. Then he started to see how consistent I was and thought he might join me. Today, he joined me again. I truly hope he doesn't stop. So, I guess that brings me to another question. What else is new? Do you run with your spouse/significant other?

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

De-slacking in progress

My wife is on her second week of C25K- I will run part of my 3+ easy miles with her while she does her 1.4 miles.

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

MikeB-BoR

My wife was excited to start the C2K and finished the first week. She was then attacked and bitten by two dogs and is now on crutches. Sad She has been on them for 2 months now and is in physical therapy twice a week. The say she wont be able to run until Dec at the earliest. She still supports my running though!

Goals :
        •Drop to 180 #s and hold steady around that weight 

redleaf

sushi - that's great! DH is joining me for a session with a personal trainer tonight! slap - nice that you can run with her sometimes! and Mike - my goodness! Hope she recovers fully and quickly! That can be a very scary event!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

My wife was excited to start the C2K and finished the first week. She was then attacked and bitten by two dogs and is now on crutches. Sad She has been on them for 2 months now and is in physical therapy twice a week. The say she wont be able to run until Dec at the earliest. She still supports my running though!
            That is awful for her. Please say this didn't happen while she was running...

TRUST THE PROCESS

Baby bean!

OMG, wow!!! I hope she recovers to join you a lot faster than the doctors say. I wish her the best!

Goals:
              Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

patarch1

New Haven 08

Hi, My GF bikes while I run. It paces me and gets her to look at scenery and relax. It is not really a workout for her but we spend time together and I have plenty of water Wink during the run. Patarch1

200 mile bike trip in three days with sleeping gear and change.

Get the Saturday running club back up.

Run below 8 minutes per mile for 6 miles.

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Hi there! Like Patarch, I often have a cycling "pacer" - my DH, but try as I might I can't get him to run. You're very lucky!
                  ~ Fly ~
                  Only as much as I dream can I be.
                  veggies on the run

running buddies

My DH "hates running", like I did for years. I told him I didn't think he could run like me and he said "That sounds like a challenge", which is exactly why I don't really want him to run. What I meant by "like me" was, he couldn't just go and run, slowly, consistently, without overanalyzing distance, pace, technique, etc, etc, etc, and turning the run into a competition. He's a wonderful man and great husband, but he comes from a big, competitive, overanalytical family and it's hard to drop that baggage. My dogs just run with me. They are my other, other, significant others (behind hubby and the kids). They don't care about the details, just the joy of being out there. I hope to be like them. Only less drooly.
                    "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)
                      Hi, My GF bikes while I run. It paces me and gets her to look at scenery and relax. It is not really a workout for her but we spend time together and I have plenty of water Wink during the run. Patarch1
                      Excellent- My wife does the same thing, at first she only came along for runs of 15k or more now she comes on all of them. You are correct about the water my last long run I went through 4, 16oz bottles. Then there is the cell phone, kleenx, and towel. I do give her alot of credit for being able to stay on the bike for 4hrs during my long run. I think she is stiffer than I at the end of the day. MTA- Mike that is terrible about the dog attack, I hope she gets compensated.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

My wife used to run with me and I really liked it......but now she has back stepped into walking only and I cant get her to run now....she used to be a pretty decent runner and even came in second in a race.....Im going to keep working on her.....maybe some day again........

Champions are made when no one is watching

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Hope she gets well soon. DW THINKS IT IS A SICKNESS Smile

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/