What new gear did you get for Christmas? (Read 1613 times)

ymmv

Whoa.

I saw that AP was the last poster on this thread.  So I clicked on it and saw a pic of WBR.  I thought that AP got WBR for Christmas.

Never mind.

I doubt that he did. Santa knows who's been naughty and nice.

RunningAhead's Steepler

Calf sleeves and running socks....what a dismal day, I was hoping for new spikes or vibrams!

Pr's 400: 51.5 800: 1:59 1600: 4:27 3200: 9:48 5k: 16:06 10k :36:12 HM: 1:24 Marathon: Coming in 2015-2020

I must have been good this year (or running keeps from getting on my family's nerves): new fleece gloves, UA socks, UA long sleeve, UA ColdGear compression pants, RRS DryRoad Elite socks, compression socks, Timex Ironman watch, clif bars, and NipGuards. Though it won't be useful until spring / summer, I also got Scape athlete sunblock - we weren't as fortunate as Zoom-Zoom and lost my father to melanoma earlier this year, so I've got to be extra careful now on the sunny long runs. Also, the wife got a fuel belt in preparation for our first marathon this year.

Another exciting thing (at least to me) - I reached my 1500 mile goal today! Got a whole week to spare even though I was behind the pace bunny by 140+ miles earlier this year. I always liked a strong finishing kick!

PRs: 5k - 18:34 (2010 Littleton Road Race) 10k - 41:40 (2010 Livestrong Philly) HM - 1:29:48 (2010 Hartford Half Marathon) M - 3:10:31 (2011 Big Sur International Marathon)

No Talent Drips

Garmin 405CX. Never used anything like it before...and it tells me I am a careless trainer...

Dei Gratia

Reading this thread is putting me into the biggest, most childish sulk ever!

I didn't get ANYTHING even vaguely related to running.  Nothing, nada, zip.

Not even new socks.

I'm going to have to make myself feel better by getting something in the sales!

I did get some other, very kind, generous and lovely presents.  However as I'm being childish I will still have a tantrum about the lack of running stuff.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

an amazing likeness

Socks, socks and more socks.

I get all my socks for the year at Christmas, every year, and I love it!  Thanks Santa, you rock!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I bought myself a gift card from Runner's Warehouse, and now I CAN'T FIND IT.  Bummer that. Guess it means I have to keep cleaning this week until I do find it. 

I also bought myself a running skirt and socks. 

The only running gift I did not purchase for myself was a box of Pop-Tarts.  Smile 

"We are not talking about gorse-bushes," said Owl crossly. "I am," said Pooh.
                xor

I am now the proud owner of a snuggie that looks like superman's outfit.

I look my best blurry!

MrH-good one! HStreet-I stocked up in lululemon when I was in MN! Love it! The winter running pants are awesome! plohrmann-I'm sooooo jealous! Next year!!! No injuries!!! I got dreamless some highly recommended windbreaker underwear and a Garmin 405CX. He's been "nice". He deserves that and more just for putting up with me! Nemo-careless trainer? MilkTruck-I got lots of socks, too. They are Experias, which is what I usually wear but why did they combine all the new colors with brown? They have to go back. Too ugly. Sorry Santa! See? I'm hard to put up with. :-/

I look my best blurry!

I am now the proud owner of a snuggie that looks like superman's outfit.

Picture please! Did you get any chocolate bread pudding?
                      xor

It was the best bread pudding ever.

I look my best blurry!

It was the best bread pudding ever.

Big grin Told ya so! We had some, too. Oooooh aaaaah, yum.

No Talent Drips

Nemo-careless trainer?

Running too hard on long runs...and on my "maintenance" miles.

Dei Gratia

I look my best blurry!

Running too hard on long runs...and on my "maintenance" miles.

Mine tells me the same thing everyday. They must be defective.
                              keeponrunning

Mine tells me the same thing everyday. They must be defective.

Isn't that Nobby's job?  Wink

And you guys are making me hungry!  I think there is still cake in the fridge....

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022