Favorite running quote (Read 3388 times)

"Daddy, practice winning"

My daughter said this to me when she was 5. She asked me if I was going to win the Marine Corps Marathon, and I smiled and said "No". This was her reply.

I love this!  What a sweetheart!

Intentionally Blank

I got this from a guy on a another message board.  He probably posts here, too, for all I know:

"There are no tricks. Run because you have to. Run because you love it. Run because you want to be fast. Run because you want to be skinny. Run to find some quiet time. Run to sweat. Run to eat. Run hear your heart pound in your ears. Run because you're a runner. Run because you gotta keep the streak. Run because you don't know why the hell you're running. Run because you fought with your partner. Run because your job is shitty. Run because you got no money. Run for the sunrise. Run for a race. Run because it's impossible. Run because it's easy. Run instead of doing the laundry. Run instead of watching TV. Run because no one else understands. Run because the cool kids do it. Run because you're tired of talking. Run for numbers. Run for feel. Run to prove something. Run because it f****ing hurts. Or don't run. If you got something better to do."  JeffE

My XC coach passed this one to me when I told him I was running a marathon after being injured for 2 years-

It is true that speed kills. In distance running, it kills anyone who does not have it.
        -Brooks Johnson

keeponrunning

from my [slightly dirty] xc team:

-long, hard, and in the woods

swimming related:nothing outswims a trojan (our school team name) 

overall, my fav CLEAN quote is probably pain in temporary, quitting is forever. 

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

gregw

Do no attribute to fitness that which can be blamed on hills, heat, and humidity.

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

"The only good race pace is suicide pace and today seems like a good day to die."  Steve Prefontaine.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Relocated NE

Oops, I just fartleked.
                hokiemamba

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.

It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.

Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up.

It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.

It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle.

When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." 

(My son's favorite)

""To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift"

- Pre (my daughter's favorite

Mine:  

"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:30-31

Golden Buff

From a bumper sticker: "My other legs are Kenyan"

Curt
                    nextyearcubs

"Race day is the truth"

5K 20:20 9/17/11 13.1 1:36:58 6/12/11 26.2 3:34:19 9/23/2012

ymmv

"and in the end, the run you take,

is equal to the run you make"

Why is it sideways?

I got this from a guy on a another message board.  He probably posts here, too, for all I know:

"There are no tricks. Run because you have to. Run because you love it. Run because you want to be fast. Run because you want to be skinny. Run to find some quiet time. Run to sweat. Run to eat. Run hear your heart pound in your ears. Run because you're a runner. Run because you gotta keep the streak. Run because you don't know why the hell you're running. Run because you fought with your partner. Run because your job is shitty. Run because you got no money. Run for the sunrise. Run for a race. Run because it's impossible. Run because it's easy. Run instead of doing the laundry. Run instead of watching TV. Run because no one else understands. Run because the cool kids do it. Run because you're tired of talking. Run for numbers. Run for feel. Run to prove something. Run because it f****ing hurts. Or don't run. If you got something better to do."  JeffE

Heh.

Run fast, Turn left.

For all you track people out there.

Orion Goals: 5k 18:30 10K 38:00 Marathon 3:10

keeponrunning

Run fast, Turn left.

For all you track people out there.

I like it...

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022