Short/Petite running pants for women? (Read 4671 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Does anyone make such a thing? I tried on EIGHT pair of running/wind pants today (as I know our weather could take a cool shift anytime after we hit Sept.)...all different brands, Adidas, Nike, Champion C9, etc. ALL were a good 2-3" too long. Dammit, I'm not THAT short (though I'm all torso)! The really frustrating thing is that I have a pair of the C9 pants I bought last year that fit like they were designed for me, but they appear to have lengthened their pants since then. I think what I need is about a 28-30" inseam, as that's about where I fall in jeans. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

Ron Hill Tracksters are the best. They do a popular womens' version - don't know if it's available in the US, but you should be able to find them on the 'net from a UK store. Try www.virginrunner.co.uk and look for the women's Ron Hill tracksters. Cool

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...the price doesn't even look too horrible (didn't check on shipping). I only saw one model, though, and no listing of inseam length. They also have stirrups (shudders at the memory of how much I hated my stirrup tights in HS). I'd order stuff from the UK (I know they have some good sports bras on that side of the pond, too), but I don't know how I'd return anything that didn't work without paying a fortune. k

~ Sarah Kay

I was so hoping there were good answers in this thread. I have the same problem. I'm tempted to just wear my running capris and buy knee socks to wear with them. I'm totally high fashion.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Piper, I got these and they are worth every penny (especially at $40 off full retail): Adidas Invisible Front-Zip Pant I just measured the inseam and it's 32"...which is really weird, since they fit more like a 30" inseam pant. I think it must be because they are stretchy and sorta clingy. Normally I wear about a 29-30" inseam. k

~ Sarah Kay

I'll have to check those out, Kirsten, thanks! That is an excellent price. And I actually need to buy a book for school from Amazon, so hey, free shipping. Worth a shot, and really, returning isn't that much of a hassle if I have to.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And if they are too long, they don't have zippers on the bottoms or any hardware, so they would be REALLY easy/cheap to shorten. I had even considered that if they had been a hair too long. All a person would have to do is cut a bit off the length and hem them. A seamstress would probably do it for under $5. Also, they seem to run pretty generous. I normally wear about a 6 and my size smalls fit perfectly. Sometimes size small stuff is a bit snug (Adidas stuff always seems sorta random in their sizing--I have smalls and mediums in most Adidas bottoms), but these work great for me. k

~ Sarah Kay

As a wanna be ski-bum, I have several pairs of (black) long-underwear. I was actually running with a friend several weeks until I mentioned it and her response was "really?" only con - no place for the keys. But if you cant find running tights, check out an out-door store or ski place and they will let you try them on too.