McCain names VP pick (Read 1538 times)

#artbydmcbride

Wow. There's hope for us average height, intelligent, sensitive, handsome, single guys!
    fixed it for you. Wink

Runners run

Baby bean!

Sooo...what does everyone think now after todays news? Shocked Poor kid. Guess she wasn't out running like mom. Undecided

Goals:
      Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Hey, nice marmot!

Sooo...what does everyone think now after todays news? Shocked Poor kid. Guess she wasn't out running like mom. Undecided
        HaHaHaHaHa!!! That is too funny! And to release this on Labor day, get it? Get it? Ok sorry, puns are never an appropriate response. Holy crap though, she's only 17?!? They get started early in Alaska. Course, I suppose there's not much else to do up there. She's going to marry the baby daddy, so that will probably work out well, long term I mean.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

Baby bean!

HaHaHaHaHa!!! That is too funny! And to release this on Labor day, get it? Get it? Ok sorry, puns are never an appropriate response. Holy crap though, she's only 17?!? They get started early in Alaska. Course, I suppose there's not much else to do up there. She's going to marry the baby daddy, so that will probably work out well, long term I mean.
          I know. I really feel for this girl. Marriage was a hard adjustmant at 25. I can't imagine being 17 AND pregnant, too. THEN, throw in the fact that your mom's face is plastered all over the place because she hopes to be the VP of the country. THEN...what if this ruins your moms campaign? Throw that added stress and you have the last place on earth I'd wish any teenager right now.

Goals:
          Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know. I really feel for this girl. Marriage was a hard adjustmant at 25. I can't imagine being 17 AND pregnant, too. THEN, throw in the fact that your mom's face is plastered all over the place because she hopes to be the VP of the country. THEN...what if this ruins your moms campaign? Throw that added stress and you have the last place on earth I'd wish any teenager right now.
            Ditto. Poor kid. Not only all of that...gotta wonder what sorts of discussions are going on in that household right now and whether her mom knew about the pregnancy before accepting the VP nom.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

There were some rather vicious rumors circulating in the blogosphere that the 5 month old with downs was hers as well. Guess this puts those to rest. From what I've heard on the radio, both her mom and John McCain were aware of this before she accepted the vice presidential nod. Tough times all around, particularly with the media frenzy that's ongoing. I don't see this hurting her mom's campaign though.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Dog-Love

My 2 cents is that I she will withdraw within this month knowing she is soooo far over her head and realizing how good she has it as the Governor of this awesome state, Alaska. I could be wrong...have been at least 2x before
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I was happy to see Obama take the high road on this one. Did you see his reaction to the reporters' question on the subject? He said a candidate's family is off limits & that especially goes for their children. He even pointed out that his mother was eighteen when she was pregnant with him. Although I'm pretty sure if the shoe was on the other foot McCain would take a similar approach. Politics aside it seems we have two persons of principle running for president this time. That doesn't seem to have happened too often.
                    GP160

Gov Palin is just like every other Mom in the United States. She has kids that do their own thing, have sex before marriage and sometimes get pregnant. I'm feel for the daughter who has to live with the shame this brings her Mother. ( like any other un-wed teen mom ) This is not a deal breaker for me on my vote with the Republican party. You can't hold the kids actions against the parents. Everyone here with a teenager knows that! Wink MTA: I'm glad that Obama didn't drag Palin through the mud with the latest news. Very admirable.
                      Ironman Louisville 8-30-09
                      Mishka-old log

Gov Palin is just like every other Mom in the United States. She has kids that do their own thing, have sex before marriage and sometimes get pregnant. I'm feel for the daughter who has to live with the shame this brings her Mother. ( like any other un-wed teen mom ) This is not a deal breaker for me on my vote with the Republican party. You can't hold the kids actions against the parents. Everyone here with a teenager knows that! Wink MTA: I'm glad that Obama didn't drag Palin through the mud with the latest news. Very admirable.
                          Im not a McCain/Palin fan...and switched from Republican to Indep because Bush was SO bad.....but there is not reason to disregared Palin because her daughter got preg....there are greater issues to discuss.... The republicans have a lot of really great women and potential woman candidates - Ithink they could have picked someone much better (and a woman also)....I think the McCain idea to shake things up with her will probably not work very well.. But at least she is a runner.....that alone tells me she is OK........I wont vote for her, but I'd be happy to go for a nice 5 or 6 mile run with here....she seems really nice..... Clowning around

Champions are made when no one is watching

The selection of Palin has undermined two of the best arguments McCain had which are: (1) Obama is too inexperienced; and (2) Obama is an egomaniac celebrity. The experience argument is pretty clear. As to the second point, what on earth was going through Palin's mind when she agreed to get on the GOP ticket? She had to know that, like it or not, her daughter's situation would be on national TV? And if she did realize this, there is a fair argument that she put her own ambitions ahead of her family's needs at a stressful time with a son heading off to Iraq, a special needs infant, and an unplanned pregnancy being uncomfortably played out in the national media. Does anyone think her daughter wanted this scrutiny? I'm guessing she didn't.
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Mishka-old log