Sub-90 Minutes for the Half Marathon (2011) (Read 6744 times)

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

1:35:11 for me yesterday.

You're just ensuring that you can keep PR'ing. The 90 is within you and it will come out.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
    Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

Nader - please add me to the list. Oct 2, Ridgefield (CT) Pamby Half. Thinking it's time to start stepping up a level.

Thanks!

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

or you might rest up and have a go at the Mizuno Half Marathon in three months or the Hawk's Bay Half Marathon in four...?

Thanks Nader :-) Next up Christchurch half in June and then Wellington half 2 weeks later (it's the club champs otherwise I wouldn't bother). Mizuno half clashes with the Wellington road champs but Hawkes bay is a possibility, as is Dunedin in September. Well done on your race. Nice PR

jules2

Well doen to evrybody who has already gone under 1:32:00

I managed 1:32:00 in my first half of the year and the second one ( which is a bit hillier ) is on Sunday, I think I'm still too much above my race weight but we will see.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

#artbydmcbride

jules2!!  How are the budgies?   Smile

Runners run

jules2

I don't have any!

I have a cockatiel called Philip and a bulgy called Bulgy.  Its really a budgie but it has a speech defect and can only say "pretty bulgy" and we can't tell it the truth as it might lower her self esteem.

We now have a Russian Hamster with pink eyes called Bella who lives in what appears to be a Dyson cleaner.

I must get a group photo for you.

How's the pussy?

Is that an Imperial 90:00?  And good to see that you're still a very cheeky, naughty boy Jules.  Keep up the good work.

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I managed 1:32:00 in my first half of the year and the second one ( which is a bit hillier ) is on Sunday, I think I'm still too much above my race weight but we will see.

Nice runnin' cousin! I see you're still going with that same pattern--a little running with a lotta time on the bike. You are a talented ol' geezer.

I just finished 4th month of training after almost a year off. Ran a 1:34:56 Saturday that I was happy with (but not satisfied).

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

Hey Ilene,

It's great to see you are still going strong--not far off your PR's last couple starts and still full of clever ********

Excuse me for cutting in ahead of Jules but I've been told I wasn't aggressive enough. Never too old to change Evil

Jim

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

#artbydmcbride

Hey JimHowe!  It is great to see you too.  Smile  I am finally starting to get back near where I was before last summer's injury took me down. 

I've got a summer full of races planned.  Cool    I'll be looking to see some good stuff from you too.

Runners run

jtv

Sorry for jumping in but I had to say hello to Jim and Ilene.  Glad to see you both are back at it. 

As far as a sub 1:30 1/2????   Good question.  I haven't seriously trained in about 3 years.  Not sure if my body will cooperate enough to do the training.  My 1st race in over a year is Sat - a 5K. I'll see how it goes before I commit!

Good luck to everyone.

jules2

Jim, it will be fun to see how we compare this year considering you are doing over twice the mileage I am.

At the moment I am a tad ahead but I can feel your breath down my collar.Big grin

As you live in the USA can you tell me if you know Ileneforward as I'm still not sure she's a real person.

#artbydmcbride

define "real"    Cool

Runners run

jules2

I will let Jim be the judge of that he's my age so he must know everybody in the USA.

Quick update on the hamster its a Dwarf one and my daughter has just realised that when she rebuilt the cage last night she did it wrong and the poor thing has been trapped in its wheel all night with nothing to eat.Confused

Tiefsa

I'm planning on my first ever half marathon in late August.  I just started training, and really am not sure what my goals will be.  1:30 is pretty darn fast though right?  I'll have to see where I'm at in June and re-assess.  Sub 90 would be great though... I need to follow this thread.