Sub-90 Minutes for the Half Marathon (2011) (Read 6744 times)

Well I didn't end up going sub 1:30 at this one, but I did win the race. First female, and I led from the beginning. We had 30mph headwinds, and I ran conservatively. I left a lot out there, I feel. Not disappointing at all, as it ended up being the plan to not race all out due to training lately. I'll break 1:30 another day.

I ran about a minute slower than my PR coming in at 1:31:45.

SMART Approach

Candice, well I think you just PRed. The race director announced we ran an extra .15 miles too far.  I think it was .2 too far but we'll take it. All times will be adjusted by today. This will be official and Boston Marathon will accept the new times. I now feel better about my time considering the wind. Good job on PR Candice and close to 1:30

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

This will be official and Boston Marathon will accept the new times.

Since when does Boston accept qualifying times from a Half Marathon?

Maybe he meant NYC?

L Train

I think there was a marathon also that likely was also mismeasured or whatever.

SMART Approach

The half and full marathon started at same time and followed the same course for 12 miles. The error occurred during mile 4 for both events.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Was it all a dream?

Candice, well I think you just PRed. The race director announced we ran an extra .15 miles too far.  I think it was .2 too far but we'll take it. All times will be adjusted by today. This will be official and Boston Marathon will accept the new times. I now feel better about my time considering the wind. Good job on PR Candice and close to 1:30

Awesome.  Where's the announcement?

SMART Approach

Was it all a dream?

Ah, wrong race.  Candice ran the Rockford HM.

Just saw this. Yea, I ran Rockford. Not Green Bay unfortunately Smile

And I meant *I didn't leave it all out there... oops

In the interest in copy-catting the sub-3:00 marathon thread, I thought we might share little training summaries.  Granted most of those sharers were looking to repeat  going way sub-3:00.  But hey:

Since running a 1:35, this is what I've done. 

37.8 miles, including a 10k race (44:52);

47.8 miles, including a hilly 9 and a 5k race (20:26);

46.3 miles, including a treadmill "hill" workout and a 5k race (20:37)

Average mpw this year: ~40. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

L Train

Since running 1:29:22, I've turned into a big tub of goo.  I'm pretty sure that the 1:29 never really happened and that I just imagined the whole thing.  Thanks for the opportunity to update.

A lean wolf leads the pack.  I hope you receive that in the intended cryptic tone.  As you were. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

henteaser

Count me in. Me best HM was 1:33 about 5 years ago and also same time last year. However this year I fell 7 minutes, so by that logic I can also improve by the same amount -- or more, with hard training. I'll go for the record in september or october, we have many races then.

My main way of achieving the time is by doing weekly interval runs. I know it's a tough goal, but I've got 4 months.

(This space has been intentionally left blank)

Tiefsa

Training summary.  In the first month of running again after a long winter of doing nothing except playing basketball.

Longest run - 6 miles in about 46 minutes

Fastest tempo run - 3 miles at 20:45 (sub 1:30 pace)

Slowest mile during a distance run - 8:02.  I was supposed to go for a seven mile easy distance run but then a storm started coming in.  Had to turn around after two miles at 8 minute pace.  I ran the last mile of this 4 mile run in 5:51 because it was starting to hail, and that hurts!